Some of our fans are quitters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 10, 2012
Des Moines
Its a great win. A team like BYU who can shoot lights out and doesn't turn it over is always going to be hot and have a great spell of a few minutes somewhere in the game and outscore you 15-2 somewhere.

Rest of the game ISU was clearly the better team. Kane showed his dominance and why being a great rebounding guard he has a chance to play in the NBA some of his offensive boards were huge. BYU's guards are good but he was better. (That Carlino has turned himself into a player.)

Ejim outplayed Haws. Niang's take with about a minute 20 to go was unbelievably clutch BYU was ready to pull that game out and that fg probably won the game.

Niang Ejim and Kane are stars and the rest of the team is young and getting better. ISU could win it all this year with a coach as good as any and those 3 key players who are pretty much as good as anyone at this level (within reason I'm not saying any will get drafted ahead of Marcus Smart or anything.)

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Okay, guilty as charged, I slept through the game (something about getting up at 3 a.m. and working a 17-hour day) - did not make it conscious past 9 p.m. but not because I didn't want to see da Clones! If you call that "quitting", then "quit" I did.

GO CLONES !

Doctor

Aug 19, 2011
Unless we're down by over 40, it makes no sense to turn off a basketball game in the first half, ever.

It's not like football where you can be getting dominated in every facet of the game, so it's unbearable to watch.

Basketball is fun to watch just for the individual performances even if you're getting beat badly.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Unless we're down by over 40, it makes no sense to turn off a basketball game in the first half, ever.

It's not like football where you can be getting dominated in every facet of the game, so it's unbearable to watch.

Basketball is fun to watch just for the individual performances even if you're getting beat badly.

I don't ever turn off but I can see being down by 25 in the first half to a team that you are clearly inferior to. That's not enjoyable to watch and I get it. But 12 down to BYU with 12 minutes left in the first half just wtf.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
If guys want to spill their emo Clone act all over the forum in the heat of the moment that's fine. But I don't have a problem with them being called out on it afterward, either. It's pretty easy to barf all your pessimism out onto a keyboard when its sitting right in front of you. Let it be a teaching moment, if the Cyclones are down 8 and you are feeling fatalistic, pry your enter key off the keyboard and hide it or something and save yourself the embarrassment after what turned out to be a really hard earned victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron