So, will ISU get a nasty-gram from the Big 12...

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Sometimes one's perception is altered by what one expects to see....

Bingo! The ref's read the papers too. They hear if one team has a good o-line and the other team's d-line is struggling. When the defense isn't getting penetration or plugging holes, they don't bother to take a closer look to see if someone is getting held. I don't think it's intentional, but decades of bad football have caused the general populace to figure that if ISU isn't making plays it's because they're just bad.

nickwc

Mar 27, 2007
Denver, CO
Although I can understand why the Big 12 wouldn't want to see one of the ranked teams get upset at this point in the season, I find it hard to believe they would instruct the officials to call a game to favor one team over another.

see texas and Kansas about two years ago. It was about a million dollar game. Kansas got screwed

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Bingo! The ref's read the papers too. They hear if one team has a good o-line and the other team's d-line is struggling. When the defense isn't getting penetration or plugging holes, they don't bother to take a closer look to see if someone is getting held. I don't think it's intentional, but decades of bad football have caused the general populace to figure that if ISU isn't making plays it's because they're just bad.

If they read the paper they would also know that we're one of the least penalized teams in the country. I suppose maybe insted of reading that as we don't do stuff, they read it as we just don't get caught... and they wanted to fix that this week :skeptical:

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
Conspiracy theorists -two things that I'd like cleared up about the Nebraska game last year:

A) Were the officials notified to look for Blythe pushing off? Can a team legally tip off officials?

B) Was there actually a bobble by Flynn? If not, why would the conference review say there was?

Poor officiating can be excused, but if there is actually a systematic preference towards certain teams, this would be a form of racketeering.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
We should now be even. Next year in Ames will be our fourth shot at Chase Daniel.

Help Support Us

Become a patron