SN way too early top 25 MBB ...

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
We got beat by the best team in the field this year after 33 wins, an ncaa reocrd 14th straight conference title and a Final Four. So did everyone else that played them. Whoopee. Fortunately we add three transfers who combined to average 43.7 points, 20 rebounds and 9.6 assists a game plus three McDonald's All Americans.

Lol using Memphis and Cal stats. The one Lawson is an absolute stud, the other one is good and Moore is a question mark

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Lol using Memphis and Cal stats. The one Lawson is an absolute stud, the other one is good and Moore is a question mark
So even if you're right, we added an absolute stud, a good player, a question mark, a Top 10 shooting guard, a Top 20 point guard and a top 30 center. Sounds good to me.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So even if you're right, we added an absolute stud, a good player, a question mark, a Top 10 shooting guard, a Top 20 point guard and a top 30 center. Sounds good to me.

I think Kansas will be very good next year. You're making some ridiculous statements though

• Agree
Reactions: MartinCy

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I think Kansas will be very good next year. You're making some ridiculous statements though

What? You disagree with me?

tenor.gif

• Useful
Reactions: VeloClone

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Well you are sounding uneducated. You actually understand basketball so I thought you were a little better than this
Why, because it uneducated to think that the combination of the best front court in the game (by a wide margin) added to who I think at this time will return (Vick & Garrett plus Moore) and incoming recruits (Dotson and Grimes) plus our coaching staffs ability to mod the system to fit the personnel adds up to the best overall team in the nation for next year?

So are all the media members who agree with me also uneducated? What is this amazing piece of knowledge that only you seem to have?

If in three weeks the KU and Villanova rosters are different than what I think they will be then I will revisit my opinion on this but as it stands now, I don't see anyone else with a better combination of skill, talent, experience and depth. Would I like it if one more three point shooter had more experience? Sure but good grief.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Why, because it uneducated to think that the combination of the best front court in the game (by a wide margin) added to who I think at this time will return (Vick & Garrett plus Moore) and incoming recruits (Dotson and Grimes) plus our coaching staffs ability to mod the system to fit the personnel adds up to the best overall team in the nation for next year?

So are all the media members who agree with me also uneducated? What is this amazing piece of knowledge that only you seem to have?

If in three weeks the KU and Villanova rosters are different than what I think they will be then I will revisit my opinion on this but as it stands now, I don't see anyone else with a better combination of skill, talent, experience and depth. Would I like it if one more three point shooter had more experience? Sure but good grief.

You're talking about redshirting upper classmen and talking about stats from their previous bad school. You sound like a Hawkeye fan talking about derpth

• Funny
Reactions: MartinCy and surly

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
Again?

Vick and Newman leaving?

Yes.

And probably, yes. But if yes, then I would say KU has a good chance to land Top 5 recruit Langford.

Which is it?

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
No matter how good KU's bigs are going to be and I think D. Lawson will be a player of the year candidate, you have to have good guards that can get them the ball and can orchestrate an offense. And despite what Tuco says, the guards are a big question mark for next year.

I think it is too hard to actually say who the top couple teams would be. I would lump KU in with Duke, Nova, Virginia, Auburn, Tennessee, Kentucky, UNC as the top teams for next year. Right outside that group I would put Oregon and UCLA and Gonzaga.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
You're talking about redshirting upper classmen and talking about stats from their previous bad school. You sound like a Hawkeye fan talking about derpth
1) And? It's called an opinion. I personally feel like Lightfoot would benefit from a redshirt this year. Do I think it will happen? No. This is a message board, not a formal request

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
1) And? It's called an opinion. I personally feel like Lightfoot would benefit from a redshirt this year. Do I think it will happen? No. This is a message board, not a formal request

Well it's pretty dumb to think Lightfoot and Cunliffe would redshirt so I don't even know why you would say it. Like I said I thought you were better than that. The only people I've ever heard talk about redshirting upperclassmen because of derpth is Iowa fans

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Here's a side-by-side comparison of EPSN and CBS Sports too-early top 25s (actually not side-by-side, it's "one followed by the other." I don't feel like making a chart right now. :)). Each includes most of the same teams, wide differences on some ranks.

ESPN
1. Kansas
2. Duke
3. Villanova
4. Kentucky
5. Auburn
6. Gonzaga
7. Virginia
8. Tennessee
9. North Carolina
10. Nevada
11. Michigan State
12. Michigan
13. West Virginia
14. Florida
15. Syracuse
16. Virginia Tech
17. Loyola-Chicago
18. Clemson
19. Kansas State
20. LSU
21. TCU
22. Butler
23. Florida State
24. Purdue
25. Oregon

CBS Top 25 (and one)
1. Kansas
2. Duke
3. Villanova
4. Auburn
5. Tennnessee
6. Kentucky
7. Gonzaga
8. Virginia
9. North Carolina
10. Nevada
11. Michigan State
12. Kansas State
13. Virginia Tech
14. Florida State
15. Mississippi State
16. Maryland
17. West Virginia
18. Oregon
19. UCLA
20. LSU
21. TCU
22. Michigan
23. Louisville
24. Clemson
25. Cincinnati
(26) Purdue

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
If anyone were to redshirt for KU, Lightfoot would definitely be the perfect candidate because he has a kid that would be willing to do it. Not a crazy thought at all. Self had Releford redshirt after he already played a year.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Well it's pretty dumb to think Lightfoot and Cunliffe would redshirt so I don't even know why you would say it. Like I said I thought you were better than that. The only people I've ever heard talk about redshirting upperclassmen because of derpth is Iowa fans
Youre arguing just to argue. As for stas, I assume you base what Shayok or any other transfer can do for ISU in part on what they did before.

And derpth? If an ISU team good enough to crush wvu, beat tt and nearly win at KU had some depth, they would have been in the ncaa tourney instead of in last place.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
If anyone were to redshirt for KU, Lightfoot would definitely be the perfect candidate because he has a kid that would be willing to do it. Not a crazy thought at all. Self had Releford redshirt after he already played a year.
Like I said, i doubt they will but i think they should based on what looks like very limited opportunities next year. Just my opinion.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron