Smoltz to Red Sox

akellar

Nov 28, 2008
Stuart, IA
I am a huge Braves fan and this one stings. Ok more than stings, damn near brings tears. I understand why he wants to leave Atlanta (no chance to win this year) but it makes me hate the Yank-Sox (they are the same devil in my mind) even more.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I have been a Braves fan my whole life.... I really can't imagine him in another jersey. Very sad day. I really hope the Braves don't screw it up with Chipper at the end of his career.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Say what you want about Chipper... He played in 1 city his whole career. He is the face of the Braves. He accomplished a ton and in my opinion he is one of few people that did it honest.

Also, I should love the Cubs for letting us have Greg Maddux after his 1 good season in Chicago. He is someone I'll also remember as a lifetime Brave. I can't wait until he goes into the Hall as a Brave...

I have a hard time still believing that the 3 aces are not together anymore. I know it's been a few years but those 3 together were the best.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
And since the Yankees signed so many Type A free agents, all Milwaukee gets is the Yankees third round pick on top of the supplemental draft pick in compensation.

buchacho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Baltimore, MD
if this happens, man... it feels like i have just been kicked in the balls. smoltz is the heart and sould of the braves and for him not to be there next year would suck so bad. :sad: