SLOW STARTS - 2 pt versus 3 ptr shots...

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
IMO the reason why we get off to such horrid starts is because we shoot too many 3 ptrs in the first half of games. In all 5 comebacks, we've done so by going to the rack. Secondly identifying mismatches and exploiting them.

ISU was 1-12 from 3 pt line in first half. Between Nader, BDJ and Naz Long i cannot believe they continue to shoot the shot from 4-6 ft outside the three point line - there's a reason their not guarding you out there!!! In the second half, we shot a season low 4 shots behind the arc. And i think they took a season low 16 for the game. These comebacks have been because we went to the rack, got fouls and higher percentage shots!

Special Shout out to BDJ - i think he learned from his first half mistakes. He is right when he says its about winning. I think BDJ's game had really fallen off from the earlier part of the season because of his reliance on shooting the 3. I like him driving to the rim or posting up on guards tonight - he's a man in the blocks and any team thats gonna switch on all ball screens he can be set up in those mismatches all game long.

Hope we see this style of ball through the tourney we will be a tough out!

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
Special Shout out to BDJ - i think he learned from his first half mistakes. He is right when he says its about winning. I think BDJ's game had really fallen off from the earlier part of the season because of his reliance on shooting the 3. I like him driving to the rim or posting up on guards tonight - he's a man in the blocks and any team thats gonna switch on all ball screens he can be set up in those mismatches all game long.

well, without BDJ's threes yesterday, we might have lost that game. he was also on fire during one of our road games...maybe OU? he's always attacked the rim, but i think he has been better lately about choosing the right time to do so. he's also one of our only guys that can draw a foul with any consistency. remember, being seen as a legitimate outside threat helps free up his inside game too.

i'm glad to see him have some fun in the last couple games, and i think his run-out dunk on that steal tonight was my favorite play of the game, partly because i think it gave him back some of the swagger that he needs for his style of play.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
We win, seriously, take a hint from ELO, "Don't Bring Me Down!"

I'd rather miss those threes early and win, than hit the twos early, then start chucking threes late and lose.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron