Sleeping with the Enemy

Is it okay to date a graduate of The University of Kansas?

• Yes

Votes: 101 74.8%
  • No

Votes: 34 25.2%

• Total voters

dornstar44

Apr 10, 2006
Wichita, KS
Okay, not necessarily sleeping with but dating anyway. I just moved to Wichita, and I need to ask if it is okay to date a KU graduate. She has bachelor's and master's degrees from KU, and otherwise seems like a great person. However, I'm having trouble coming to terms with the fact that I could like a Jayhawk. Should this be a cause for concern?

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
Before I can pass on my glorious wisdom on this pressing matter, I will need a 2 liter bottle of Shasta, my all-Rush mixtape, 4 water balloons, a monkey-gladiator and a picture of the prospects boobies. Only when these items are aquired will I be able to pass down my all-knowing wisdom.

Cyclone62 has spoken.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
A. Not sure why this is an issue
B. You're asking the most bias community of cyclone fans should they take your question seriously

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Before I can pass on my glorious wisdom on this pressing matter, I will need a 2 liter bottle of Shasta, my all-Rush mixtape, 4 water balloons, a monkey-gladiator and a picture of the prospects boobies. Only when these items are aquired will I be able to pass down my all-knowing wisdom.

Cyclone62 has spoken.

You better watch out, talking like that is bound to bring Skelly back to the board, angry that you are talking like him...

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Its a cause for concern that you like her and are dating her instead of just sleeping with her. Who cares if she's a great person, you're giving up the power. She should be after you.

aerosill

Apr 10, 2006
Fresno, CA
If she's not a sports fan, I wouldn't worry about it. While at ISU, I dated a girl who went to KU for a bit, and it wasn't a problem (she wasn't that much into sports, and we also went to high school together, and neither of us wanted to go to our hometown school - Colorado). If she is into sports, make a pact to not dis the other person's school, and do not be in the same place while watching a head to head match-up. Things should be fine.

And, I'll apologize right now for this serious reply, instead of a humorous one that should probably be here.

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
I would say date her and if she gets out of line talking trash in sports, then you got a good reason to beat her. I don't promote violence to women in any way, shape, or form but you have to keep the jayhoe in line, Know what i mean???

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Jayhoe.

Wow...I kinda like that. Not fond of the beating reference, but Jayhoe is damn funny!

Do what ya want man. Heck...who knows...maybe she'll be the one and you'll convert here. Now, if she converts you - well - that's a different story.

We do know where the tar & feathers are....

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
Ask her if she knows the origin of the Rock Chalk chant and if she doesn't then you are fine because she is not much of a fan. If she starts talking smack later then you hold it over her that she doesn't aven know about the tradition of her school. The origin of there mascot also works.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
If she's hot then I'd give the same advice as my other Cyclone brethren...just tap it and move on.

Now if she's hot AND has some intelligence...then you may be onto something here (but still tap it).

And I don't condone beating her...unless she deserves it.

(I'm only kidding about the beating part...I'm not big on the wife beating)

cyingreen

Nov 13, 2006
Jasper County
This situation brings up all manner of interesting thoughts. Wagers on ISU-KU games with the winner getting to choose, ah, whatever joint endeavor interests them. Or perhaps the loser being forced to endure unseemly household chores. Whatever, bottom line is if you dig each other, are sensitive to each other's loyalties, and don't take things too God-awful seriously, you can have a lot of fun with some rivalry. Just don't try it with a hawkeye.:wink0st:

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Okay, not necessarily sleeping with but dating anyway. I just moved to Wichita, and I need to ask if it is okay to date a KU graduate. She has bachelor's and master's degrees from KU, and otherwise seems like a great person. However, I'm having trouble coming to terms with the fact that I could like a Jayhawk. Should this be a cause for concern?

the least of your problems is that she's a KU grad - start by holding hands, its all downhill from there:rolleyes5cz: