skladany

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I was one of those guys who thought Skladany was a horrible coach and still do. The reason the defense was better in those years is we had probably the best talent on defense in the last 25-30 years. The bend but don't break defense broke way too many times.

Well then you should be complaining about the current Chizik defense because they run the SAME TAMPA 2 scheme that Skladany did!!!! Give me a call I will sit in the stands with you at a game this year and will be able to tell you what the defense will do based on formation and alignments with about 90% accuracy. The only thing that has changed is the players and the name of the plays.

CyclonesRule

Apr 10, 2006
West Des Moines
I would vote for Loney, but Skladany was very good. Who was the worst coach? Barney or Terry Allen?

The best coach I am drawing a blank on his name but he was the running backs coach. Maybe it was the same one that we had from day 1 but with Troy and Darren Davis, Ennis, we had like 7 consecutive years of 1000 yard rushers with only like 5 fumbles in those years.

I am not fine with Marty Fine. He has to be the worst.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
The best coach I am drawing a blank on his name but he was the running backs coach. Maybe it was the same one that we had from day 1 but with Troy and Darren Davis, Ennis, we had like 7 consecutive years of 1000 yard rushers with only like 5 fumbles in those years.

I am not fine with Marty Fine. He has to be the worst.

Coach Alford was also a very good coach and who I wanted to be the O Coord when we hired Cotton.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
TERRY ALLEN, no contest and Mac's worst hire.

I'd say that having a bad fit as a TE coach is a lot less damaging than having a bad fit as an OL coach. Marty Fine isn't going to give up his claim to worst hire without a fight.

uthaman

Oct 18, 2006
Des Moines
That is not true at all. The only reason he left Iowa State was, in his words, "so he could be the head coach here one day". That didn't work out, or at least hasn't yet. The Drake job was a favor to his friend, the AD at Drake. They both understood that it would be a one year gig. Nobody wants to be a coordinator their whole career, though.

Loney bailed out on Mac when he thought Mac might get fired the next season. That pretty much sealed the deal that he would never be the head coach at Iowa State.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Loney bailed out on Mac when he thought Mac might get fired the next season. That pretty much sealed the deal that he would never be the head coach at Iowa State.

I know Loney and you're completely wrong.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron