Sisters vs Kansas, 1/25/20

gizzsdad

Mar 4, 2009
Kansas vs. Iowa State
Date/Time: Saturday, Jan. 25 at 2 p.m. (CT)
Where: James H. Hilton Coliseum (Ames, Iowa)
Listen: Jayhawk Radio Network with Jimmy Chavez
Watch: Cyclones TV (Subscription needed) with Dave Sprau and Molly Parrott calling the game.

I've never started one of these before, so here goes:

In looking at their roster, they could make things difficult for us, as 4 of their top six scorers are guards, and we often struggle to limit penetration. I am guessing we could see more of the zone/hybrid defense, maybe even a box and 1 while trying to limit Kersgieter's touches (shoots over 40% from 3). They forced Texas into 21 turnovers. Our press break may be crucial.

Go State !!!

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
This is the bottom feeder in the conference. Should not lose to this team, especially at home. I said SHOULD not. Could but shouldn't.

Against teams that play this style will be very interesting to see how it is officiated - if it is as BF says "hand to hand combat" it will be a challenge, if we are allowed to move without the clutching and grabbing I could see a double digit win. Not optimistic for a tightly called game.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
This is the bottom feeder in the conference. Should not lose to this team, especially at home. I said SHOULD not. Could but shouldn't.

And you can't judge a team on how they did against Texas.

Texas:
When she was good,
She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

Kansas in Big 12 play:
Offense scoring, dead last in 10th at 58.0 points/game
Margin, dead last in 10th at -14.2
Field goal percentage, dead last in 10th at 35%
Rebounding Margin, 9th at -8.5
They do have a better turnover margin than we do but who doesn't? We are last because we don't turnover the opponent at all.
We both suck at field goal percentage defense, tied for 8th at 43%, only the Olé Defense of TT is worse.

Last edited:

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I’ve always liked having cycle on TV to access so many different things whenever I want via the app. Now I’m gonna have to pay an extra subscription for ESPN plus which Will probably only give me the game that happens to be offered that week. I don’t know the plans for cyclones TV if it’s even going to stay in existence. But I will miss having access to the historical stuff and being able to watch replays.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I would say the officials are not calling a tight game. Otherwise we’d be at about the 9 min. mark.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Okay, 2nd half is for stat padding. Johnson with 6 assists, maybe get 10. Camber and Maggie 5-6 from three. Thurmon 10 points but 5 turnovers.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
So you’re not in attendance today. Tsk tsk!

And the piece of crap that is CY.TV just crapped out on me. At least it is a rout and not missing much. Even switched computers and went direct Ethernet and can't get it back. :mad: ESPN+ can't come fast enough for me.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The good stuff:
Win going away without having to have a big game from Joens.
Camber still crazy hot from three at 4-4. Now at over 50% in 7 Big 12 games.
Espenmiller-McGraw hot from three at 6-8.
Scott 7-11 and 3-6 from three.
Johnson with 7 ast to mostly overcome her 4 TO's.

The bad stuff (not much):
Ines and Thurmon with 6 TO's each in their 15 minutes each. 12 of our 20.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Claim the victory anyway Boxster!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron