Since no one else has done it...

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
As others have said, overall Manning has done a fine job. After getting our legs under us last season, we did pretty well for the most part. Every coach is going to have stinkers as nobody is perfect.

Some of these playcalls were great and gutsy. Players executed and I loved it. I loved watching Lazard block on the Ryen TD, the concentration of Lazard to make that last TD catch (and 2 pt conversion catch) and finally the blocking on the Murdock TD. This WR group is the most physical we have seen at ISU in a long time. Taking care of the drops and this could be a top WR unit in league. I have REALLY enjoyed them this year.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
And at halftime the talking heads were questioning why ISU didn't take a shot at a TD with 6 seconds still left on the clock.

With a QB making his first start and no timeouts it a no brainer to take the points. If you try to run a play and get sacked/get stopped the clock is going to run out on you. The FG was the smart call.

• Agree
Reactions: TykeClone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'd like to know what the defensive strategy officially was.

After the first series OU got plenty of yards but not in a gashing manner. Seemed like the objective was to keep everything in front and make them earn it to at least slow them down.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I'd like to know what the defensive strategy officially was.

After the first series OU got plenty of yards but not in a gashing manner. Seemed like the objective was to keep everything in front and make them earn it to at least slow them down.
Pretty sure CMC has said as much. After the first few series they did a better job of making Mayfield a pocket passer and making him utilize checkdowns. Mayfield breaking containment is their most lethal threat