Should Dekkers start against UNLV.

Should Dekkers Start against UNLV?

• Total voters

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I don't just jump to the backup because the starter is struggling, but Purdy was a stud when he was free-balling his first 2 years. Manning has turned him into a weak overly scripted player. The best thing he could do is sit a game or two and get back to having fun. You can tell he's struggling to make the reads, he's not seeing the linemen right in front of him, and he has lost touch with his receivers.

Dekkers will develop into a good player IF Manning leaves. He has a nice touch and doesn't tend to overthrow his receivers, which are the passes that get Purdy into trouble as they are much more likely to be tipped or intercepted.

yes. Brock has been turned into a game manager. Hes been totally destroyed by Manning.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
FTR, I’ve been for this for a long time.
Agreed. I've thought Purdy was holding us back for awhile now. When he was Pump Fake Purdy, he was great. But either he decided that wasn't his real game, or the coaches won't let him do it. Either way, he's not nearly as effective and now we have to turn the page. Makes me sad, but you have to do what's best for the team.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Agreed. I've thought Purdy was holding us back for awhile now. When he was Pump Fake Purdy, he was great. But either he decided that wasn't his real game, or the coaches won't let him do it. Either way, he's not nearly as effective and now we have to turn the page. Makes me sad, but you have to do what's best for the team.
If the coaches aren’t letting him be his own player, they can **** right off.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I said this two years ago, but Brock doesn’t have the same enthusiasm and energy he did his freshmen year. He gets that back, he would be great. I think Brock should start, but put him on a short leash.

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
He's awful at the deep ball, really very poor. He had a couple of go-up-and-get-it receivers who could do the jump-ball thing, but we don't have anyone like that any more and it's painfully obvious now he can't overcome that.
Purdy has never thrown a pretty ball or tight spiral and that hurts on the long passes. Dekkers throws a tight forceful ball and was decisive. Purdy probably deserves it, but I wouldn't be upset if we saw more Dekkers.

Reactions: SCarolinaCy

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
The only certain thing for me between the two when it comes to Dekkers being better than Purdy at something (and this has been true even last year), is Dekkers throws a better ball period. That’s not up for debate BUT there is a lot more to quarterbacking than that.

Help Support Us

Become a patron