Short notice vacation ideas please.

L

LincolnWay187

I got a new job starting early May and have up to two weeks beforehand to fart around. I'm a single dude and probably going solo since this is in like two weeks.

I have like 80k frequent flier miles..and kind of leaning Europe but maybe open to somewhere else.

Has anyone else solo traveled? Anyone have recommendations for places to travel?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Not sure if I would do Europe over a short amount of time.

I'd probably camp/explore some of the deserts either in the SW USA or NW USA.

Maybe drive the Oregon Coast.

Reactions: aauummm

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
All jokes aside, if you are leaning towards Europe then Amsterdam is the place to go. Tons of flights, everyone speaks English and are so friendly you think they are messing with you, easy to navigate and very safe. A perfect introduction to Europe. If you want, you can take the high-speed and be in Paris in around 3 hours, that's where the fun really is.

It is also a great time of year to hit northern Europe. Mild weather and the crowds aren't there yet.

Don't let anyone scare you off of Europe because of the time you can be there. A drive to Denver is the same amount of time it takes me to fly to Amsterdam. One of the best times of my life was a one day/night stop in Paris. Sure I wish I would have had more time, but I didn't and we made the best of it.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
80k miles is vastly different on American, Delta, United, or Southwest though.

Did two weeks solo in Japan and had a blast. Would recommend that or the Czech Republic and that area. Cheap and you can do very well as a single dude

Reactions: LincolnWay187

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS

Did two weeks solo in Japan and had a blast. Would recommend that or the Czech Republic and that area. Cheap and you can do very well as a single dude

Look at Asia, like Japan, Thailand, China, and Vietnam. Totally different and something you don't get to do unless you have extended time off from work.

Japan is great this time of the year.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Does this mean what I think it means?

CivEFootball

Sep 16, 2010
Koh Phi Phi, Thailand. Beaches, drugs and lots of partying. Also Patong on Phuket is place for single guy at night. Yes most everyone speaks English. Also food is extremely cheap.

• Friendly
Reactions: 2020cy

B787

Hates Money
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2018

This. Where are the 80K miles sitting? This may be a key decision maker depending on the award redemption and how far and where you can really go.

B787

Hates Money
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2018
Koh Phi Phi, Thailand. Beaches, drugs and lots of partying. Also Patong on Phuket is place for single guy at night. Yes most everyone speaks English. Also food is extremely cheap.
Great advice. Thailand is a beautiful place and surprisingly easy to navigate for an English speaker. You can pretty much find whatever you want too (including hookers). Just make sure any lady friends you find are 100% lady...

L

LincolnWay187

This is on American.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron