Seemingly never ending Iowa MBB thread (still going.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Or someone could go back through this thread and collect all the post saying Iowa would raise their fans hopes with a late run at the tourney only to implode crushing those dreams in the opening game of Big 10 tourney. Actually surprised they expected anything different.

Bonus points for also predicting the Mad Fran Meltdown that would inevitably take place.

There was an article in the Des Moines Register a couple days ago where Jok and a couple other players were quoted this year would be different in the Big 10 tourney. They said they are playing their best basketball of the year as opposed to struggling down the stretch the last few years. Then they promptly go out and suffer a complete beatdown at the hands of another NIT team.

Oops!!!

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Dan Dakich =
x1f410.png.pagespeed.ic.pvFW7LWUZK.webp

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
They do that with a lot of their seniors. Uthoff, Woody, Gesell, McCabe, and Basabe just to name a few. Can't wait to run them out of town.

Will be interesting to see who they throw under the bus next year. I don't think they have a junior returning that will be worthy of all-american, first round NBA draft praise early in the season. Bohannon or Cook may have to step up as a sophomore and take one for the team. Wonder if they could run the same player out of town 3 years in a row?

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Will be interesting to see who they throw under the bus next year. I don't think they have a junior returning that will be worthy of all-american, first round NBA draft praise early in the season. Bohannon or Cook may have to step up as a sophomore and take one for the team. Wonder if they could run the same player out of town 3 years in a row?

Yeah, that will be a conundrum for the fans. Still, I feel confident that they'll persevere, buckle down, and find a way to blame Lick when they lose games.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
They do that with a lot of their seniors. Uthoff, Woody, Gesell, McCabe, and Basabe just to name a few. Can't wait to run them out of town.

Even with this history, I just can't believe the garbage I have heard about Jok. I don't know what his options were when NBA didn't want him last year, but given the way they have treated him and the injuries and playing with injuries, can't help but wonder if he would have been better off playing elsewhere, whether D League or Europe if those were options. Plus the whole four years with Mad Fran.

• Disagree
Reactions: ISUalways

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Status
Not open for further replies.