NFL: Sean Payton Learned about Karma the Hard Way

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Because if Diggs has run out of bounds after the catch the vikings could have kicked a field goal for the win. He had to play that way.
Wasn't there only like 5 seconds left when the ball was snapped?

veteran4cy

Nov 13, 2012
Ankeny
You would have thought he/ the team might have learned from the last bucs game that it's not over. Still has to be top 5 worst defensive play ever.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
There was 11 seconds when the last play started and the clock went to zero a bit after Diggs got into the endzone so he had plenty of time to step out of bounds if saints woulda been playing smart defense. But none the less, nothing better than seeing asshat bountygate coach get karma.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
  • Agree
Reactions: srjclone

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
The first time I went to a game, when it started, I was thinking, "This is kind of goofy." By the end of the chant I was totally into it. It really is cool when you're at the game.
I went to the first game in US Bank Stadium, against the Packers, and it was the first time they tried to do it in the stadium. It was so off the first 2 times everyone tried to do it, but now I think it sounds great.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Really though, it is mock-worthy. Just stupid for him to be the one to do it.

Most things that fans do (that root for a team we don't) are probably mock worthy. Examples:

Boomer Sooner
Rock Chalk Jayhawk (that's the best one to mock when we beat them)

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Says the Packers fan who have the worst team colors and mascot in the NFL. How did your team do this year? The most interesting headline from the Packers this year was Erin Rodgers dating life. No need to be jealous, you can be a band wagon Vikings fan.
With a mascot like the Packers, why haven't the animal rights groups protested them?

You know what, as a Vikings fan, I don't even wish that upon the Packers.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Worst chants in sports
1. Rock Chalk
2. Skol

Saying a word and clapping is only cool because you love the Vikings, not because the chant is good. Cyclone Power is better, and to be honest it's pretty mediocre.
No...no it's not. The execution might be cool but there's absolutely nothing unique about it.

Skol you can at least look at and identify it as something which really only applies to the Vikings in NFL circles. With Minnesota's roots in Scandinavians it actually has a tie in to the good majority of Vikings fans.

The worst chant in sports is without a doubt CY-CL-ON-ES. It set the bar for awful. Thanks for nothing on that one, Jeff Johnson.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
I love it! I didn't get to watch the game because I was in MN at an all day volleyball clinic.:mad:

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Worst chants in sports
1. Rock Chalk
2. Skol

Saying a word and clapping is only cool because you love the Vikings, not because the chant is good. Cyclone Power is better, and to be honest it's pretty mediocre.
Cyclone Power, mediocre? Next are you going to say the national anthem is overrated? The national colors of red, white and blue are to bold? There's a hermit kingdom just waiting for people like you.;)

• Agree
Reactions: Bigman38

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
No...no it's not. The execution might be cool but there's absolutely nothing unique about it.

Skol you can at least look at and identify it as something which really only applies to the Vikings in NFL circles. With Minnesota's roots in Scandinavians it actually has a tie in to the good majority of Vikings fans.

The worst chant in sports is without a doubt CY-CL-ON-ES. It set the bar for awful. Thanks for nothing on that one, Jeff Johnson.

I agree on Cyclone Power. It's fine, but not exactly unique. It's pretty basic as chants go. Not bad, but nothing to write home about.

That said, at least it's not a Haka.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron