Scouting the Ohio Bobcats (vs SDSU) 8-26-23

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
Absolutely blows my mind that our AD can’t come up with a way to not play at Ohio and find a way to Turn that weekend into a home game. If yo really want me to donate more money to the University and donate to the collectives, find a way to give me 7 home games every year.
Just a hunch but my guess is the Campbell staff was good with going on the road to Ohio. Bet there will be a ton of extended family members of the staff that make it to that game.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Absolutely blows my mind that our AD can’t come up with a way to not play at Ohio and find a way to Turn that weekend into a home game. If yo really want me to donate more money to the University and donate to the collectives, find a way to give me 7 home games every year.

Totally agree.... playing AT Ohio, and AT Akron... is beyond stupid.

This Ohio backup QB isn't too shabby. This could be a dangerous game. There's no way it should be, but it definitely could be.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Totally agree.... playing AT Ohio, and AT Akron... is beyond stupid.

This Ohio backup QB isn't too shabby. This could be a dangerous game. There's no way it should be, but it definitely could be.

Oops.. I jinxed that backup QB!

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Just a hunch but my guess is the Campbell staff was good with going on the road to Ohio. Bet there will be a ton of extended family members of the staff that make it to that game.
If I remember right, they discovered Mike Rose when they played at Akron. Hopefully this road trip yields another player like that.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Well good for them... hope they enjoy it. It's still beyond stupid.

And to the other poster... if we can't recruit without having to travel on the road and play football games against the Ohio's and Akron's of the world... then we have serious issues.

I know we beat Akron pretty handily, and probably will beat Ohio too, but giving your fans a 7th home game, and all the money associated with another home game is way too valuable.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Well good for them... hope they enjoy it. It's still beyond stupid.

And to the other poster... if we can't recruit without having to travel on the road and play football games against the Ohio's and Akron's of the world... then we have serious issues.

I know we beat Akron pretty handily, and probably will beat Ohio too, but giving your fans a 7th home game, and all the money associated with another home game is way too valuable.
Build CYTown, still play at Akron to avoid paying buyout.

I really like JP and all he’s done for us, but playing on the road to non P5 schools is beyond stupid.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

In the AD's math, when they're already selling 45k+ season tickets, they're not getting that much additional revenue from another home game. Scheduling this as a buy game would be an extra 1-2 million payment to the "buy" school that would have to be made up from that game (single game tickets, concessions, etc minus operating costs).

In an odd way we're paying a price as fans for selling such a large % of the stadium as season tickets.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
In the AD's math, when they're already selling 45k+ season tickets, they're not getting that much additional revenue from another home game. Scheduling this as a buy game would be an extra 1-2 million payment to the "buy" school that would have to be made up from that game (single game tickets, concessions, etc minus operating costs).

In an odd way we're paying a price as fans for selling such a large % of the stadium as season tickets.
Yeah, I get it, this is always the excuse, but when you come out constantly asking for more from the fans/charging more to the fans, at some point you have to give a little back. As I said, I like JP, love all he’s done for this university, but I have yet to do anything with ISU that doesn’t cost me an arm and a leg. Would be nice to hear, “Let’s do it for the fans.” At some point.

Reactions: BigCyFan

werdnamanhill

(⌐■_■)
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 23, 2017
Eastern IA -> Raleigh, NC -> Madison, WI
Yeah, I get it, this is always the excuse, but when you come out constantly asking for more from the fans/charging more to the fans, at some point you have to give a little back. As I said, I like JP, love all he’s done for this university, but I have yet to do anything with ISU that doesn’t cost me an arm and a leg. Would be nice to hear, “Let’s do it for the fans.” At some point.
Not saying I totally disagree with you. But this is the attitude that causes us to lag behind in athletics donations compared to other B12 schools. Hey, I don't donate, so I'm not calling anyone out. But people on here complaining about costs of things is strange, when compared to a ton of other schools, ISU stuff is actually pretty cheap.

• Agree
Reactions: LincolnSwinger

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I love reverse plays but that was snuffed out quickly.

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
Compared to most of our peers everything Iowa State charges is cheap. It’s because our fans are cheap

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Ok, will fans really step up enough to afford 7 home games every year? Because season ticket prices would go up.