Schmelling

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Post-game show said that as far as they knew, he was healthy. Chizik always says he's going to put whomever gives us the best chance to win on the field. This was on Saturday though, maybe something has come to light since then.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
tibbs looked good and tom hasnt really been anything but average lately...so i figured chizik just switched it up and put in the guy that is playing better right now

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
Here in Ames on 1430 they have a pre-pregame show that starts four hours before kickoff and goes till the network pregame show starts. Anyway, they are in front of the Jacobson building and I think it was Paul Clark who said he thought he saw Tom walking around in street clothes and not with the team. I never heard any more about it.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
he was padded out on the sideline. i never saw him even pick up his helmet though. not sure if he went through pregame or not.

clonez

Sep 14, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I heard Shep did not think he was working hard enough, he played scout team for the week, and was not going to play. Thought it was a little extreme because he is not a guy that would act like that.

CyCy

Nov 7, 2006
I didn't see Wallace Franklin on the field or the sidelines Saturday either.

lakeliving

Apr 11, 2006
The story that I heard on Saturday evening is similar to what was posted above. At some point during the week he got into it with the strength coach over something and a line was drawn in the sand over behavior.
I did think Tibbs did a nice job on Saturday in his place.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Did not Tibbs get injured during the game?

Our sideline has the fewest players dressed out for home games that I have ever seen. The opponents bring more players.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
I thought Tibbs did well. It was nice to see a backup lineman be able to play well, I don't think that could have happened last year. Especially since the starters were not anything wonderful.