Ryan Boyle

Section110

Apr 4, 2014
First and foremost, please notice that I've posted this thread in the Rivals forum so it's entirely appropriate.

Been watching the televised games for the high school football playoffs. I've watched a few of Dowling's games now and admittedly this has been the first times I've seen Boyle play. Why the heck didn't Rhoads go after him? This year Dowling has broken the single season scoring record in Iowa high school football history by 40 points. They could possibly win back to back state championships with him at the helm. I fully understand this is Iowa high school football, but you can't blame the level of competition on him. He would have had to move out of state in order to play better caliber players and that's just ridiculous. He's as impressive as you can be at this level of football. Whether he ends up at QB or not remains to be seen, but he's got a ton of potential no matter how you slice it and I have no clue why a program just a few miles down the road from where he grew up wouldn't be selling him on playing football at their school. Especially a program who can clearly use athletes of his caliber.

mkleve44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2012
West Des Moines
When I saw the thread was started by Section110:

3EPQPMf.gif

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Probably will be a decent player in the B1G, would get destroyed in the Big 12 though

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Pretty sure CPR did go after him. From what I have heard, it has been pretty obvious from the start he was going to Iowa, so I doubt ISU put too much into him.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Pretty good quarterback, Really good athlete. I don't see him playing quarterback at Iowa, however, on account of the other QBs they brought in.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Mangino sat with his at bball game. The following week, he committed to Iowa.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
He won't play QB at Iowa. At least not like he does at Dowling. The two offenses are completely different.m

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I've seen him 3 times and I'm not impressed.

Very fast kid. Could definitely be something other than QB. But anyone can just throw the ball in the air and have those fast Dowling receivers catch it.* He consistently under and over throws receivers.

*not saying Dowling receivers are NCAA quality, they're just faster than most dbacks in Iowa.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
Sounds like Iowa State recruited him, but didn't offer him. Also, Rhoads has said he wanted one QB for a class. CPR may have already had what he wanted.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Also, I 'm a bit confused by the question...

You clearly have a major league boner for this boy so what does it matter if ISU recruited him or not? If you're obsessed that others want what you have you might be a 12 year old girl. Wait, are you a 12 year old girl?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron