Rumor going around in StL #2

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Cue up any "Ask the Coach" interview. I will say this: "foot in mouth" might be overboard. His "smoke blowing" is more what I'm talking about. He's not McCarney but he's right up there.

BTW, I see App State has now tripled our point total. Incredible.

I have watched every ask the coach and I have never noticed any case of Jackson making gaffes. Do you even know what 'putting one's foot in their mouth' means?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Did I not already digress?

Numerous times. That's the confusing part. Here is how this has gone:

1. You make a ******* statement
2. Someone challenges it
3. You change initial ******* statement to another ******* statement
4. Someone challenges that
5. You change....you get the point.

In short, you have an ax to grind and are coming up with a bunch of things that don't really exist to support the claim KJ is a bad coach.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

2. Someone challenges it

In short, you have an ax to grind and are coming up with a bunch of things that don't really exist to support the claim KJ is a bad coach.

He's angry after nationals and really needs to step away from the computer to ponder it.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011

2. Someone challenges it

I did that here no doubt. However, the crux of my argument has remained the same.

We have a head coach who has produced worse teams every year he's been here. We are Iowa State University and we just finished 35th at Nationals. I don't think I need much else to support my claim.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
You are going to have to help me out NEICyFan. What wrestlers that Cael left did Jackson fail to develop? Since you seem to think that Cael left the program in great shape.

traparm1

Mar 17, 2012
Been reading the boards for quite some time. Can't believe that it's digressed to who speaks better on camera. I would like to know what wrestlers have progressed under Coach Jackson and current staff? People keep talking about the difference new recruits will make, what about some of the recruits from past that should have been developing. Truth is, the team looked weak, unconditioned and like they didn't belong. Maybe without injuries it would have been different. But I also saw some guys that were highly recruited simply give up this year.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
You are going to have to help me out NEICyFan. What wrestlers that Cael left did Jackson fail to develop? Since you seem to think that Cael left the program in great shape.

I think that's a very good point.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK

We don't know yet. What I know is by the end of the season the team was far worse than it was in the middle. Sorenson had done everything he needed to to become an AA, and he suddenly ends up hurt at the end of the season, like everyone else? We have a pattern here. If wrestlers start transferring out, KJ needs to go. Period. If he has lost the room, he is done. I would still give him one more year, a SC coach, and replace the lightweight coach at minimum.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
We don't know yet. What I know is by the end of the season the team was far worse than it was in the middle. Sorenson had done everything he needed to to become an AA, and he suddenly ends up hurt at the end of the season, like everyone else? We have a pattern here. If wrestlers start transferring out, KJ needs to go. Period. If he has lost the room, he is done. I would still give him one more year, a SC coach, and replace the lightweight coach at minimum.
Totally agree

LACyclone

Mar 16, 2012
Beverly Hills, CA
Another disappointed Cyclone wrestling fan here. The history of ISU wrestling is one of the best of any team in any collegiate sport. So when I don't see anyone wearing the Cardinal and Gold on the All-American podium, it's a sad sight. Something needs to change, but having said that, I will always support the Cyclones.