Rumor going around in StL #2

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Finch has asked or will be asking for his release and is looking to wear maroon and gold next year.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I assume he means Minnesota, with Sanders graduating. But what's the fun of starting rumors if you have to give hard facts!

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
So is it the Maroon he is excited about, or the gold? If we made a special singlet for him with those colors would that be enough to keep him? I mean, we are red and gold already, maroon is just a shade of red.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
I assume he means Minnesota, with Sanders graduating. But what's the fun of starting rumors if you have to give hard facts!

I'm not "starting" anything and I'm making it very clear where the rumors are coming from and what they are about.

Minnesota for workout partners. ASU to be closer to home.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
"St. Louis" is pretty vague.

I'm not requiring anyone to believe this stuff. And I'm not claiming it is true. I find it important for fans to know what the scuttlebutt is at the NCAAs. If you don't, so be it.

Take it or leave it. I'm perfectly OK with anyone who would rather leave it.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Finch transferring may be the last straw for KJ, similar to Hamilton transferring out in MBB.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Finch transferring may be the last straw for KJ, similar to Hamilton transferring out in MBB.

If it is true it would certainly be something that could cause the cards to go tumbling down. However, The OP has started a variety of KJ hating threads today. Maybe L-Cheese got ahold of his login info.

Of course, maybe Finch just doesn't think he looks good in Cardinal, and really wants that Maroon to bring out his eyes or something.

Last edited:

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Well considering the main reason he came to isu was kj, maybe all the moronic rumors have him nervous. I'm not sure I'd wanna wrestle in front of some of these fans at this point. People need to settle down. I've talked to a lot of wrestlers and parents down here. They are all firmly behind kj. The only ones more disappointed than the fans are the kids.

This ties into the kj rumor thread. I'm glad we have a passionate fan base but I don't think lobbing a grenade into the bunker that we're all supposed to be in together is real wise. Remember most of our coaching staff is training for the Olympics. That's great for them but that means they are often not there for the kids in the room. Give kj time with a full room, a full staff and a full recruiting class. If we don't see progress next year, the we can have this discussion.

Reactions: BCClone

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Well considering the main reason he came to isu was kj, maybe all the moronic rumors have him nervous. I'm not sure I'd wanna wrestle in front of some of these fans at this point. People need to settle down. I've talked to a lot of wrestlers and parents down here. They are all firmly behind kj. The only ones more disappointed than the fans are the kids. This ties into the kj rumor thread. I'm glad we have a passionate fan base but I don't think lobbing a grenade into the bunker that we're all supposed to be in together is real wise. Remember most of our coaching staff is training for the Olympics. That's great for them but that means they are often not there for the kids in the room. Give kj time with a full room, a full staff and a full recruiting class. If we don't see progress next year, the we can have this discussion.
Thanks for atleast saying something positive and reminding some of the idiots around here that KJ has support here. It gets so old when people bring this program down ever more than what it is, and yes im talking about the ones that start stupid threads or ask how long does KJ have. The wrestling fan base know what KJ was left with but the typical fan has no clue. Wrestling isnt like football or basketball. Wrestling is different, its you and only you on the mat. This team was pretty much wiped clean when Cael took off.

And for you people that wanna compare Jackson to McD, you are down right idiots. Its no where near the same. Jackson has yet to have anyone leave or transfer. He was brought to a program that was wiped out and now he isnt getting a fair chance to get his own recruits in there, and what we do have are extremely young. McD had talent among some of the nations best talent and still couldnt win.

Only thing I would like to see change is our coaching for lower weights and what our resource is for strength and conditioning. Our conditioning was average at best and we need that to be sky high in order to win close matches in the end.