Rohach's fumble

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Why is Rohach even running with the ball? Nobody other than Woody should have running in that situation. Was this another good coaches call?

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Why is Rohach even running with the ball? Nobody other than Woody should have running in that situation. Was this another good coaches call?

It was 2nd and 10 from the 15 and Woody had just been stuffed. Pretty sure the staff was just trying to get close to the goal line so Woody could punch it in.

Apr 19, 2006
I watched in slow mo. His butt was down when it popped out. Wasnt a fumble and likely would have been overturned had it been reviewed imo.
Oh well 41-0 or 34-0 not that big a deal.

Good thing we aren't Baylor. Briles would have scored three more times in that amount of time to win 75-0. I just can't get the 71-7 taste out of my mouth.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010

Yeah, I kinda thought the same. It is tricky, because even though the game wasn't for a bowl or anything, the staff has to somewhat keep it a "normal" game (thus not seeing all the seniors on the field when the game was sealed, other than special teams). With the game over, no one wanted to waste any extra time, BUT, even for the officials, they should treat the call/possible review as they would any other.

I think even Charlie Weis would see Woody with a score as a salute to Woody, not a classless running up the score.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I am curious about what the official rule is on access to video footage in the pressboxes and coaching boxes, but trust me....the Big Boys like Ohio State and Alabama have full time salaried staff rewinding cycling and parsing video imagery of every freaking play in real time(They have been doing it since the '90's)....they do not miss something like that and I hope our guys did not. It was not a fumble and it should have been easily observable by a coaching staff wired to do that and get quality judgements down to the head coach for challenges. I hope they just let it go because the game was over at that point......and it was freaking cold.

Well then they are violating rules. Coaches are not allowed access to anything like video replays that are not shown on the video board. They are also not allowed to have laptops, ipads, etc. that would allow them internet access to items outside. You ever wonder why coaches still use giant laminated sheets with plays and not an ipad it is because they are not allowed to use those types of electronic devices. So if a school has people outside of the press box or not on the sideline (like a coach back in the locker room watching the game on tv and then texting the coaches on the field or press box) they are violating the rules.

Plus you are seriously ******** about not challenging a call when we are already winning 34-0? Listen I like running the score up as much s I can, but it was 2 degrees outside just get the game over with.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Hopefully Woody gets 2 or 3 TDs in Morgantown to make up for it.

Tip drill looking pass that goes off an ISU receiver he hauls in in the end zone, squib kick he rumbling, bumbling, stumbling returns to the house and a fake field goal pass he catches in the end zone just to make it interesting.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Pretty sure all of us sticking it out to the end were thinking it was a fumble and thrilled they did not review it. From about the 12 minute mark in the fourth, I was just thinking please don't stop the clock, and grateful Charlie Weis had no challenges left. For some reason that is when the cold finally hit me.

We were debating going down to the first row when all of the players were circling the stadium slapping hands of the fans still left, but decided we needed to get warm ASAP. Went to the bathroom just to warm up to get to the car.