MLB: Rizzo

Cyclone90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 29, 2007
I'm sorry for starting a meaningless threat about the Cubs, but I just had to vent. Cubs down by five with 2 outs vs the Nats, Bogusevic singles to left to load the bases. But wait, Rizzo on 2nd, down by 5, decides it's a good idea to think about scoring his meaningless run. He gets hung up between 3rd and home, rundown, game over. Guess he never learned about never making the 1st or 3rd out at 3rd base.

I'm sure glad the Cubs locked Castro and Rizzo up to long term contracts so I get to enjoy these airheads for years to come.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
did you ignore the fact that he hit 2 home runs today?

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Wouldn't be TOOOO shocked if the Cubs traded him for some players. Dan Vogelbach is just a freak with a bat and I think be could be better than Rizzo.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Same with Castro. We have a future second basemen with Alca-whatever and Baez and Bryant on the left side, Castro and Rizzo could bring in some good players because of their contracts. It'll never happen but cool to think about.

Cyclone90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 29, 2007
Wouldn't be TOOOO shocked if the Cubs traded him for some players. Dan Vogelbach is just a freak with a bat and I think be could be better than Rizzo.

I don't think either has a position other than 1B so something has to give eventually.

Cyclone90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 29, 2007
Same with Castro. We have a future second basemen with Alca-whatever and Baez and Bryant on the left side, Castro and Rizzo could bring in some good players because of their contracts. It'll never happen but cool to think about.

I don't think anybody is going to touch Castro anytime soon after his off the field problems and recent performance. Or at least give back anything meaningful in return.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
He ranks 13th among firstbasemen in WAR and he just turned 24. I think he'll be fine.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Maybe we can deal him for a past his prime star with an atrocious contract. Oh wait, that's what the old management would have done. Have a little faith in Theo and company; I think they know what they're doing.

Cyclone90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 29, 2007
I'm more concerned with Rizzo's and Castro's maturation than their on field numbers, although Castro seems like more of a question mark in both regards at this point. My frustration arose because they both seem disinterested and are making simple mistakes for players in their 7th year of professional ball. Solid major league players always site learning good habits and how to do things the right way from veterans they played with when they were young. This team no longer has veteran players and the front office's agenda doesn't suggest any of note will be around in the next few years either.