RIP Clarence Clemons

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
Needs to be in the Hall along with the rest of the E-Street band. First Danny, and now Clarence. C'mon RRHOF -- before we lose any more of the band!!

Clone96

Nov 14, 2006
Parts Unknown
Gonna miss you, Big Man!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKhwqhbF3tc"]YouTube - ‪Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band - Born To Run (PROSHOT)‬‏[/ame]

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Ah, ****...that's very sad news to start off my Sunday. Springsteen and the E Street Band were one of my first favorite bands. Rest in peace, Big Man.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
I must admit I thought he died a few year ago!

Saw Springsteen @ Soldier Field in 1985-- the height of their Born in the USA tour.....with around 80K

Flew up from Miami same day to meet 25 folks from CR. My flight was delayed by lightening in Miami..

Before cell phones/internet......my friend was supposed to meet me at a gate to hand me my ticket.

I took the train from the airport---got off mistakenly near Cabrini Green on a Friday night @ 7pm in the summer......(white guy with a suitcase on a street corner)

uhhh.. finally a taxi came by, where I had to stop and dump my luggage and rush to Soldier Field late. Made it all the way and the concert started......and no ticket.....

Luckily ...outside the stadium was deserted--I received a free ticket from an usher and totally lucked out in finding everyone else eventually amid 80K people

(mind you...I had no idea where anyone was sitting) I was graced by an guardian angel.

Also saw Springsteen at Hilton in the late fall of 1992--- awesome concert

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
The greatest side man in rock....and the end of an era.

Not so fast.

keith.jpg

Moon_4%5B1%5D.jpg

Definitely agree on the second part. I assumed I would have another chance to see the E Street Band. I'll still probably be able to see Bruce and most of the E Street Band, but it will NOT be the same.

Kinda like my old man seeing The Who after Keith Moon died.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron