Rhoads New job

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
attachment.php

Good restart for him.

Watching the replay of the 2000 Insight.com bowl game on CycloneTV this past winter, Paul was the DC on the Pitt sideline.

As ISU was shredding their defense in the first half, the camera focused on "ex-ISU asst" Paul Rhoads with a deer-in-the-headlights expression

Maybe Pollard should of reviewed that tape before making a hire in 2008 :twitcy:

Attachments

• rhoads.png
    rhoads.png
    782.9 KB · Views: 1,404

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
attachment.php

Good restart for him.

Watching the replay of the 2000 Insight.com bowl game on CycloneTV this past winter, Paul was the DC on the Pitt sideline.

As ISU was shredding their defense in the first half, the camera focused on "ex-ISU asst" Paul Rhoads with a deer-in-the-headlights expression

Maybe Pollard should of reviewed that tape before making a hire in 2008 :twitcy:

And then that same defense made adjustments at halftime and held us to 3 offensive points in the 2nd half.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Good restart for him.

Every time you open your mouth to talk about Paul Rhoads, you sound more and more like a complete *******. Then Curt comes by and educates you, and now you look like an idiot. You act as if Rhoads brought down some mighty football empire.

Cyclophile1

Dec 14, 2009
Overland Park, KS
Glad for him, I guess. Seems like a pretty steep fall from P5 Head Coach to Arkansas position coach. I guess I'm surprised he didn't just sit out a year and work for a DC spot next year.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Good for him. Definitely a high character guy, and I wish him well.

Him taking this job actually says a lot about the man. He loves to coach....

Could have sat on his buy out and waited for a bigger job but...the man wants to go back to work doing what he loves. Much respect...

Dannynoonan

May 5, 2015
Very glad to see he has landed somewhere- and a good somewhere too! great guy and a cyclone. good luck to him.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Good for him but what an idiot to work for, just ask Waldon.

So because he made a smart-*** comment as a college player, he's an idiot to work for as an adult? Just overlook the track record since? I'm happy for Paul and hope he has much success. Arkansas and the SEC is a great place to start.

ameslurker

Jan 21, 2013
I know it will never happen but imagine how awkward a coaches meeting would be if Bielema hired Mangino right after...

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
Good for him. I'm going to be upset if I ever see an Arkansas DB turn around and look for the ball on a deep pass though.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
Every time you open your mouth to talk about Paul Rhoads, you sound more and more like a complete *******. Then Curt comes by and educates you, and now you look like an idiot. You act as if Rhoads brought down some mighty football empire.

1) I rarely if ever wrote about Paul Rhoads

2) who the **** are you again?

3) Curt..who? You're drunk

Last edited by a moderator:

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Glad for him, I guess. Seems like a pretty steep fall from P5 Head Coach to Arkansas position coach. I guess I'm surprised he didn't just sit out a year and work for a DC spot next year.

Being the head coach of one of the worst defensive teams in the country over the last two years probably didn't lead to a rush of DC job offers.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron