Report: OU & Texas reach out to join SEC

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Looks like b1g is not happening. Gene smith just retweeted this:

That Twitter account JBook is a guy that’s a contributor to an Ohio State sports site similar to CF. It’s not like Gene is retweeting a nationally renowned media member. He retweeted an Ohio State shill. I guess I don’t see this as any thing good bad or otherwise.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

Yeah, well once OU and UT join the SEC they are going to blow by the B1G. If you are going to make that comparison at least normalize for number of schools. Of course BIG XII is last, they have fewer schools than anyone else. Dumb tweet and dumb retweet that means nothing.

• Agree
Reactions: 2speedy1

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
That Twitter account JBook is a guy that’s a contributor to an Ohio State sports site similar to CF. It’s not like Gene is retweeting a nationally renowned media member. He retweeted an Ohio State shill. I guess I don’t see this as any thing good bad or otherwise.

Nothing that dude said was wrong. It is up to FOX to make it improve their bottom line if it wants to. B1G is saying to FOX, “You want us to expand because you lost content…make it worth our while”.

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
SIAP, but is it at all possible that ISU has a good idea of a landing spot already? I see things that get me down about this whole thing, but then I remind myself of the following: First, JP is being silent and presumably calm if the reports of him chilling at the lake over the weekend are true. Second, we continue to have good momentum from a recruiting standpoint - makes me wonder if the staff is assuring recruits that we will be in a good place. Just a Monday morning thought.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE

Gahhh, that chart sucks...and is slanted to reflect the Big 12 as the bottom feeder. Here are the per team numbers...

1. Big Ten: $54.3 million
2. SEC: $45.5 million
3. Big 12: ~$38 million
4. Pac-12: $33.6 million
5. ACC: ~$33 million

These numbers also don't reflect the third-tier revenue numbers per team in the Big 12.

Water under the bridge, obviously, but it again shows that the Big 12 was doing well, payout-wise. I can see why Clemson would be quick to make a move to the SEC...

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
SIAP, but is it at all possible that ISU has a good idea of a landing spot already? I see things that get me down about this whole thing, but then I remind myself of the following: First, JP is being silent and presumably calm if the reports of him chilling at the lake over the weekend are true. Second, we continue to have good momentum from a recruiting standpoint - makes me wonder if the staff is assuring recruits that we will be in a good place. Just a Monday morning thought.

Really, I don't remember seeing that being reported anywhere on here.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
JP has contingency plans and lists for everything. I would assume, that since 2011, that he has been informally testing waters here and there along with making close ties to key people. People sometimes wonder why JP does some odd things. He is gaining favors so when the time is right he can call them in.

Second, nobody likes to be the backup plan/person/team. You don’t want to talk about chatting wanting into the big ten while you are also checking out the PAC 12. It also hurts your leverage if the P12 hears the b10 told you no. Quiet is the best, don’t reveal your plan.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Gahhh, that chart sucks...and is slanted to reflect the Big 12 as the bottom feeder. Here are the per team numbers...

1. Big Ten: $54.3 million
2. SEC: $45.5 million
3. Big 12: ~$38 million
4. Pac-12: $33.6 million
5. ACC: ~$33 million

These numbers also don't reflect the third-tier revenue numbers per team in the Big 12.

Water under the bridge, obviously, but it again shows that the Big 12 was doing well, payout-wise. I can see why Clemson would be quick to make a move to the SEC...
Man, what that tells me is that the PAC12 office is crazy expensive. I thought the b12 sucking 29 MM was idiotic. That is pocket change according to P12.