[Hold on, it’s not over yet] PATHWAY TO DALLAS

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
That would help, but not sure how much. If they lose to WVU and we lose to them, we would need to beat Texas and Texas to beat KSU the following weekend (as well as OkSt beating KSU and us winning the three other games).

All these scenarios become a tangled mess when you factor in who ISU loses to. Just win baby!
Oh for sure. Win this weekend, win out at home, we're likely in.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Win out at home is all ISU needs to do (and beat Kansas, obviously).

If KSU beats OK, TCU, Texas, and OK State this year, and only loses to Iowa State, they deserve to get in the CCG. I don't see them beating both Texas and OSU.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Does this make 3 straight years of heading in to November controlling our own destiny? Or is it 4?
This year's a bit different considering we control our destiny by winning 4 out of the next 5, not winning out. I believe the last 3 years we could only lose 1 of the next 6 or 7 games. Beat KU, win the home games and drop 1 to Texas, and we'll be playing in Jerryworld.

Reactions: heitclone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Remaining Schedules / Likely Outcome
KSU (4-0) (7-2): @ WVU-W, vs. OSU-L, @ ISU-L, @ BU-W, vs. Texas-W

OSU (3-0) (8-1): vs. Texas-W, @ KSU-W, @ OU-L, vs. Tech-W, @ TCU-W, @BU-W

ISU (3-1) (7-2): @ KU-W, vs. BU-W, vs. KSU-W, @ Texas-L, vs. WVU-W

OU (2-2) (7-2): @ Tech-W, vs. KU-W, vs. OSU-W, @ WVU-W, vs. BU-W

Texas (2-2) (5-4): @ OSU-L, vs. WVU-W, @ KU-W, vs. ISU-W, @ KSU-L

There's bound to be some outcome that doesn't go the way as above, but if everything does happen, we get the tie breaker against KSU and OU due to head to head. We'd play OSU in a rematch.

• Optimistic
Reactions: CycloneEggie

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Win out at home is all ISU needs to do (and beat Kansas, obviously).

If KSU beats OK, TCU, Texas, and OK State this year, and only loses to Iowa State, they deserve to get in the CCG. I don't see them beating both Texas and OSU.
That’s not entirely true. If that happens that means we finish 7-2 in conference. One of those 7 wins would be over K-State, so K-State would need to lose another game in there or they’re in over us with an 8-1 record. This is assuming Okie State wins outright or only loses one, which is most likely.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
That’s not entirely true. If that happens that means we finish 7-2 in conference. One of those 7 wins would be over K-State, so K-State would need to lose another game in there or they’re in over us with an 8-1 record. This is assuming Okie State wins outright or only loses one, which is most likely.
I said KSU would have losses over ISU and either Texas or OSU. That's 2 losses, plus ISU would have the tie breaker over them (head to head).

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I said KSU would have losses over ISU and either Texas or OSU. That's 2 losses, plus ISU would have the tie breaker over them (head to head).
@WVU, vs. OSU, @ISU, @ Baylor, vs. Texas.. Kansas State is losing at least two of those games. If they don't they deserve to go to the title (obviously).

• Winner
Reactions: DSMCy

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
@WVU, vs. OSU, @ISU, @ Baylor, vs. Texas.. Kansas State is losing at least two of those games. If they don't they deserve to go to the title (obviously).
Yep, this is exactly what I said haha

Texas will be the other team to watch. They also have a tough path, but can still get in the CCG.
Have to go 3-0 in this stretch though: @OSU, vs ISU, @KSU
That's tough.

Iowa State has really set themselves up well. Have to win one of KSU and Texas and don't slip up against the bottom of the league teams.
Things probably get interesting if they don't beat KSU, even if they do win @texas.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yep, this is exactly what I said haha

Texas will be the other team to watch. They also have a tough path, but can still get in the CCG.
Have to go 3-0 in this stretch though: @OSU, vs ISU, @KSU
That's tough.

Iowa State has really set themselves up well. Have to win one of KSU and Texas and don't slip up against the bottom of the league teams.
Things probably get interesting if they don't beat KSU, even if they do win @texas.
Yup! Everyone this weekend should be rooting hard for Oklahoma State and West Virginia.

• Agree
Reactions: DSMCy

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
The only loss I see is about to get a whole lot easier.
Herman will be fired on the tarmac if they lose in Stillwater.
Go F**kin' Pokes.