Recruit State tourney info

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I'll add to the "are we looking at" questions. Hilleman from west Marshall pinned his way to a title ato 170. I didn't catch the championship match but he looked dominant in the two I watched. any of the iowa schools looking at him?

Cyfan1843

Jun 30, 2009
Ames
Is Marnin going to play football somewhere or are we looking at him? Coleman from Ames is a must, winning it already as a sophomore.

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
Congrats to freshman Alex Thomsen on his 10-3 win in the finals. Pretty amazing.

As Alex previously attended Tri-Center, where current Cyclone Trevor Paulson graduated from, and attends Underwood now, where Trent and Travis trained at a club led by their coach at Lewis Central, it is a safe bet that the staff is aware of him. :smile:

Best of luck, Alex, and may you have a long and prosperous career!

cyclonesurveyor

Jan 26, 2009
Fort Collins, CO
this is the first year i haven't been in person or at least watched the finals on TV for along time.

was there a stream that i missed of the finals? i'm now in Kansas for the first time (for state) and tonight was kind of depressing.

but wrestling tomorrow, taking the kid to Lawrence for the Sunflower Classic, he's going for the 64 lbs title. take note KJ

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
this is the first year i haven't been in person or at least watched the finals on TV for along time.

was there a stream that i missed of the finals? i'm now in Kansas for the first time (for state) and tonight was kind of depressing.

but wrestling tomorrow, taking the kid to Lawrence for the Sunflower Classic, he's going for the 64 lbs title. take note KJ

They were on the watchespn app

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
What about that Andersen kid from SE Polk at 220 lbs? He's only a junior. Does anyone know what his future plans are?

He faced Gannon Gremmel last night in the finals, and I've seen Gremmel wrestle a few times in person this year and I thought there was no way in the world anyone would ever beat him this year. And then Andersen from SE Polk completely dominated him last night. Very impressive IMO.

isufan1423

Feb 16, 2015
What about that Andersen kid from SE Polk at 220 lbs? He's only a junior. Does anyone know what his future plans are?

He faced Gannon Gremmel last night in the finals, and I've seen Gremmel wrestle a few times in person this year and I thought there was no way in the world anyone would ever beat him this year. And then Andersen from SE Polk completely dominated him last night. Very impressive IMO.
He's going to Missouri

RossIAwrestle

Mar 27, 2014
Rossl, are the Portillo twins getting a look from any of the IA schools? Both are in the finals for the second year in a row.

They should get some looks. They are DI material, fringe top 20 at their weights. They are originially from Ohio, moved to Iowa as SOs, so I suppose it's possible they would consider moving back east. IMO, ISU should look into them, and I am certain that someone from ISU is tracking them on some level.