Rebekah Dahlman

minfan

Oct 14, 2012
Vandy is a good medical school, but their court stinks, and the benches are on the end of the court.... a real weird way to sit through games....

I thought the minfan's post was somewhat confusing, as in could be ready down to vandy (over Florida) and the Clones, or favors Vandy over both Florida and Clones.

minfan

Oct 14, 2012
It's just the impression I got when I spoke with her this past weekend. She enjoyed the visit to Iowa State and I know she likes the coach. Just seemed it is down to Florida and Vandy. Like I said she plans to announce soon.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Vandy is a good medical school, but their court stinks, and the benches are on the end of the court.... a real weird way to sit through games....

This arrangement is a diffucult one for visiting teams and one I always thought was a cheap way to win games (Vandy wins over 85% at home). There is no NCAA rule as to bench placement. In 2009 I watched as Vandy played Tenn? at home and those benches and funky old Memorial Gym were obvious home advantage. They need good guards for this unnatural arrangement as the coaches can't yell 90 feet above the crowd noise. So guards are on their own. If that attracts a player so be it. But the place holds over 14K and only averages a measley 4k.

Last edited:

simville02

Mar 25, 2009
Recruiting analyst Keil Moore said Dahlman verballed Vandy today.

RT @KeilMoore: Two top 25 programs pick up verbal commitments today. This time it's Vandy going to Minn and picking up Rebekah Dahlman.

simville02

Mar 25, 2009
"Name the highest ranked 2013 recruiting class from the Southeastern Conference. Here’s one clue, it’s not the Lady Vols of Tennessee. And no, this isn’t a trick where we’re hoping to catch you slipping on the new addition, Texas A&M. It’s not Georgia, Kentucky or LSU either.

With the Wednesday evening commitment of No. 16 Rebekah Dahlman of Braham, Minn., it is the Commodores of Vanderbilt that can stake claim to the top recruiting crown in the SEC; at least for now."

simville02

Mar 25, 2009
In a Peach State Basketball article, Dahlman stated, "In my eyes Vanderbilt has the best to offer, amazing coaching staff, talented girls, the campus and everything is unbelievable." Also, "It's an unbelievable talented class that's coming in with me." (Joined by No. 21 & No. 62)

The article also states Vandy had No. 26 class in '12 & currently is a "top five class" as of today.

Game of Thrones: Dahlman’s Decision Impacts SEC — Oct. 18, 2012

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I think every time we have a thread on a recruit here and it is down to wire between us and one or two other schools it is the other school that gets the nod. It is obvious that the threads here jinx our recruiting!

:sad:

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
I think every time we have a thread on a recruit here and it is down to wire between us and one or two other schools it is the other school that gets the nod. It is obvious that the threads here jinx our recruiting!

Yes, obviously CF fault we are not getting recruits. Let's nuke it! :peek:

CycloneBob

Aug 9, 2010
Ames

Yes, disappointing, but remember we just got the Johnson gal from MN. Now, we're competing for the gal from Canada. It does seem like we have an unusually hard time scoring on the big recruits, like those < 100. We just need to keep the faith.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
It does seem like we have an unusually hard time scoring on the big recruits, like those < 100.

It's been better in recent years. Moody, Bingley, Kidd, and Buckley are/were each < 100 in at least one major GBB ranking. I don't think we've ever had a string of players rated that highly before. It's usually about one every other season (like Prins was).

rbingley

Jul 16, 2011
Even though she's hurt right now, don't forget we did land Jordan Jensen! Thanks mred, I was going to point out what you said, but didn't want to sound like dad, Emiah was ranked as high as 57 on Hoopgurlz super 60! Had a great first run at Deep South tournament, and somehow still was removed, after having 3 Great games, including a 28pt outburst while Coach Fen stood by the basket and watched! She mentioned that him standing under that basket and watching that game, and not moving until she was done really clinched it for her!

CycloneBob

Aug 9, 2010
Ames
Even though she's hurt right now, don't forget we did land Jordan Jensen! Thanks mred, I was going to point out what you said, but didn't want to sound like dad, Emiah was ranked as high as 57 on Hoopgurlz super 60! Had a great first run at Deep South tournament, and somehow still was removed, after having 3 Great games, including a 28pt outburst while Coach Fen stood by the basket and watched! She mentioned that him standing under that basket and watching that game, and not moving until she was done really clinched it for her!

Thanks, Bing, for the reminders. Just want to see the momentum continue. No disrespect intended on my comments. Really looking forward to this year and seeing your daughter play. PS. looks like you're an early riser (5:28 AM)?

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
One I missed: Seanna Johnson is #72 at ASGR. http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=135&f=2737&t=9246221

Has Jensen been top 100? I seem to recall she may have been, but I didn't list her because I can't find that anywhere.

(Note: the above link requires a free scout.com login. The link just has the ASGR 2013 top 100; there's nothing more specific about Seanna than that.)

That is why what Dahlman said was sort of inaccurate about the great class she was joining at Vandy. With her in the fold we would had a a class highly rate too.

Last edited:

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
I should have used jimlad. :jimlad:

I was just teasing as well. I think the recent success Fred has had on the men's side has us a bit spoiled. In recruiting we always miss more than we hit, but the close ones on big fish are disappointing. That, however, does not remove our enthusiasm for the team we have. I sense the general athleticism of the women's team is really taking an upswing.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
I think it would have been nice to see her commit to ISU, but isn't it possible she just looked at the guards who are already here now, and Buckley coming in next year and decided that maybe it was just not the best fit for her? I mean, Moody will be here for 2 more years, Emiah and Kidd for 3 more, and Buckley for 4. All point guards, as was Dahlman. Something would have to give, right? We know that some of these players will have to play the #2. Maybe she just didn't want to compete in that group. What is she likely to be at Vandy?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron