Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
This is not facts, this is what you thnk or want to happen. Real life doesn't work this way.
The only part that is not fact is the estimated 2M increase per year. the rest is documented released info.

Again I have always said the 70M is an estimate and showed how I got that number.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
The only part that is not fact is the estimated 2M increase per year. the rest is documented released info.

Again I have always said the 70M is an estimate and showed how I got that number.

I willl believe it when I see it. Carry on white knight.

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Isn't the $31.7 million per school per year the number from BEFORE we added the 4 corners schools and took a cut to do so?

I also don't recall the extension having any year-over-year increases built in, but I could definitely be wrong about that.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Isn't the $31.7 million per school per year the number from BEFORE we added the 4 corners schools and took a cut to do so?

I also don't recall the extension having any year-over-year increases built in, but I could definitely be wrong about that.
Yes, but I did the math for that too.

If what I read is right we only took a cut for 2 schools, for the Fox portion, the reduction, if that is the case would be around 1.25M per year from the 31.7M. So in the neighborhood of 30.5M

Also the last contract did not have built in year over year increases either, was just 22m per year. We still averaged about 2M in increases per year from all the other sources.

Again I have NEVER said the media deal increases per year, just our total distribution.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Of all the Fox Friday night games there is 1 game that is between members of the same conference 15 years ago. Different times.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
ESPN has sublicensed two first round games to TNT for the first two years of the expanded playoff and two first round games plus two quarterfinals for '26-'28.

TNTs sports catalogue now makes even less sense than it did previously.

Reactions: PickSix

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
It’s ok, I just processes for the first time that Sparty has to get crushed by OSU at home then travel on short rest to Oregon for that Friday game. That’s brutal
Take the checks, take the losses - Bud Elliott

In all seriousness, that is brutal. Plus you have two Friday night games.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
ESPN has sublicensed two first round games to TNT for the first two years of the expanded playoff and two first round games plus two quarterfinals for '26-'28.

TNTs sports catalogue now makes even less sense than it did previously.
That’s impossible!?! I was told espn and Fox were in cahoots making under the table deals!

Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Take the checks, take the losses - Bud Elliott

In all seriousness, that is brutal. Plus you have two Friday night games.
Three actually as our opener is almost always on a Friday. Spartys schedule is really weird, 4 very easy games, then 4 very hard games, then 4 easy winnable games. Michigan actually has the harder schedule this year for a change.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018

You did not say it was an estimate right here. This entire time all the articles were talking about media payouts, NOT media and playoff payouts. You add those in to hope to get up to the $70 million number, which no one was talking about.

The last report I saw was the B1G paid out an average of 58.8M or "around 60M", not the "More than 60M" the Athletic rag said.

The big 12 is currently getting mid 40s, including reductions for adding the first 4 teams, prior to new contract. Prior to any increases in the new contract and playoff. We will not be getting 40-50M in 2030, ours will significantly increase too. So I mean if you want to use todays payouts for us and theirs in 7 years, I guess you can say they "may" get double, not more than double. But for me I would rather compare what we may be getting at that time too. But as I said, things change constantly so thinking we have any idea what things will be in 2030 is crazy.

Personally I believe the Big 12 payouts will be in the neighborhood of 70M by that time, but that is just a guess looking at all things. If you look at all things you can see the possibility of that number being even higher than that, especially when you include all the things that are included in that B1G number people speculate.

• Dumb
Reactions: 2speedy1

Jeffrey Scott

Sep 28, 2017
Realignment has fried my brain.
It's also caused me to rely on my DVR. I no longer arrange my schedule to watch either football or basketball games. While I might officially be retired, I have a life and it doesn't revolve around watching live sporting events anymore, especially living on the East coast when games I'm interested in don't start until 9:30 at night. Sorry. I'm going to bed. Our Big 12 conference schedule works for Central, Mountain, and Pacific time zones, but not Eastern.

I also live near Boston and Massachusetts is considering going to the Atlantic time zone! That 9:30 game now starts at 10:30 p.m so we now blow off the entire eastern seaboard. The upside of that is for me personally, we would no longer have to change the clocks twice a year. No more Spring ahead and Fall back. That I can live with.