Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Something about the Iowa, Texas, and Minnesota State Fairs. They just do it right.

I'm at the San Diego County Fair and it's supposedly the best in the state.

Not even in the same ballpark as those state fairs. Just boring

Tx is the only one of those three I haven't been to heard it's pretty impressive. Do you go on the Tx/OU day or other days?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well finally finished a long term project today Yaa for me. Not expensive but time consuming. My mom's B-day is tomorrow so I was going to make her a cherry pie for her birthday, came in turned the oven on made up the pie went to put it in the oven and it was stone cold Grrr. Gas stove so evidently the thermal couple is out will tear it apart either tomorrow or Fri. So the pie actually got cooked at her house called down and had Dad start the oven for me should be done by now.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
So you have feces throughout your body kinda like you’re full of shinnola? Sorry, just joking a bit. Definitely understand it’s serious and do send you well wishes for a speedy recovery.
No worries. I'm trying to stay positive. Found out it's most common in the elderly, particularly the diabetics and alcoholics. Lew said, so...one out of three...

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY and BCClone

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
-from Wiki

The only words I really understood here is encapsulated, rod shaped, and anaerobic. ("Hey! That means it doesn't need oxygen.") I know the words lactose and fermenter, but have no clue what it means put together when describing bacteria.

I know that MacConkey guy. He's an *******.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
@cowgirl836 - Do you know if there is any road construction going on in Madison? We generally take the beltline around the SE corner (12/18/151) and IIRC, that lane addition project is finished. We will be going through on Wed. July 3. TIA

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Well finally finished a long term project today Yaa for me. Not expensive but time consuming. My mom's B-day is tomorrow so I was going to make her a cherry pie for her birthday, came in turned the oven on made up the pie went to put it in the oven and it was stone cold Grrr. Gas stove so evidently the thermal couple is out will tear it apart either tomorrow or Fri. So the pie actually got cooked at her house called down and had Dad start the oven for me should be done by now.
Had to do that to my mom's oven a couple years ago. I think the part cost around $40-50. Took me about 1/2 hour all told. She'd been without it for almost a month.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
@cowgirl836 - Do you know if there is any road construction going on in Madison? We generally take the beltline around the SE corner (12/18/151) and IIRC, that lane addition project is finished. We will be going through on Wed. July 3. TIA

We drove to Madison a couple weeks ago and didn't have any road construction issues. We came in from the north on 90.

Reactions: SCyclone

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

Are you coming in via 151? The beltline itself is good (and the work on that interchange is done) last time I was down that way but 151 just south still has a ton of work going on.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Are you coming in via 151? The beltline itself is good (and the work on that interchange is done) last time I was down that way but 151 just south still has a ton of work going on.

Yes, we take 20 over to Dubuque and then 151 up to Mad Town. I know they had 151 all torn up in Fitchburg, adding lanes

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I was curious about some of these because I remember seeing some off-ramp work but nothing impacting driving - looks like the Seminole to 51 project is happening at night. So they are closing lanes from 8pm-5am.
If you go to the site and click on each marker there will be a pop up giving some details to what kind of work is happening. The 511 sites seem to be updated daily so they are pretty good.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Something about the Iowa, Texas, and Minnesota State Fairs. They just do it right.

I'm at the San Diego County Fair and it's supposedly the best in the state.

Not even in the same ballpark as those state fairs. Just boring

Not a state fair guy. Was thinking of going over to the fairgrounds in St. Paul this weekend though. Fri-Sat-Sun is this yuge Back to the 50's car thingie, . It's sort of state fair meets cars show. Always thought about going over and than guys from the TV show Bitchin' Rides did a show from there and I saw it was more than just hot rods and thought I need to go. Of course it's supposed to rain Fri-Sat-Sun. So **** this summer's weather, again. Forecast last night for today was mostly sunny. It's 100% cloud cover. Sun don't even shine when it isn't raining.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
It was a good day for Outrage....lot of folks being dutifully triggered by what is known to work. Get up in morning....watch Good Morning America...read some blogs...got to work....share a bunch of Facebook virtue signaling...go to little league baseball game and sucker punch some dude.

I am zeroing in on focusing ALL of my outrage at the weather. :rolleyes:

Well, maybe save a little of some news story of the day and the dickheads who keep running over my garden hostas.

Reactions: dirtyninety
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron