Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Heard my latest "I know that song from a previous lifetime!" featured in a TV commercial tonight. Turtles "Happy Together". Damn, that song is 57 years old. Guess it's a "fresh" sound to a lot of the people though. 1960's seem to have generated a lot of background music in commercials.

Tagging in elder music guru @MeanDean and younger music guy @CycloneRulzzz
Interesting fact about that and the Turtles catalog. I never hear those songs because they filed suit with Sirius. Something about royalties, yada yada. So Sirius never plays their music. Ever. I wonder how they do their countdown shows for the weeks when they were on the charts?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Interesting fact about that and the Turtles catalog. I never hear those songs because they filed suit with Sirius. Something about royalties, yada yada. So Sirius never plays their music. Ever. I wonder how they do their countdown shows for the weeks when they were on the charts?
I would just assume Sirius pays a massive monthly fee to ASCAP

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Got up this morning, walked into the kitchen and saw the leftovers from last night sitting on the counter so no leftovers.

Now I need to go pick up something for the next few days

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Found this...

The court found that California's "exclusive ownership" statute never applied to public performance on radio. (CN) — The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals found Monday that satellite radio station Sirius XM does not have to pay royalties to the band The Turtles for playing their pre-1972 recordings.Aug 23, 2021

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Wooo attempting to trouble shoot a ceiling fan and forgot to turn the power off…been awhile since I have been electrocuted
Update...The fan is still winning the battle but I ordered a new prewired switch than the one I picked up yesterday that is a pain in the ass to get the existing wires into.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
That and missing something when emptying grocery bags that should have been in the frig is frustrating.
Doesn't beat the time I bought 2 whole chickens, threw them on the floor in the back seat and drove home. In that entire 3-4 minutes it took me to get home I forgot all about them

The next day I went to work and being summer, parked in the hot sun. At the end of the day I got in the car and was like what the . . . Oh no. Drove round back to the dumpster, tossed the bags and never looked back

• Haha
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron