Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
They made a 4th Bad Boys movie. Didn't know they were doing that. I thought the one a few years ago, like 18 years after the second one, would be the last.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Max and Amy were ok, can't say I'm really loving Jeff D'Angelo and Heather Burnside as a combo. I actually don't mind the call 5-0 segment they did. (Same as the KXNO one)
After listening to her on both KXNO and WHO I'm wondering if she is just not that interesting.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Anxiety is fun. I accepted a job offer today. I don't love my current job, just feel stressed out all the time. I think I will like this new job more, but I'm just being hit with crippling anxiety as I have a hard time with change. Also definitely have imposter syndrome so just keep having bad thoughts about failing. Just really sucks going through bad anxiety for something that should be good news.

Well Congratulations on the new job!! Do you get a break between them or leave the old on Friday and start the new one Monday? Did you stay in a similar field? Do you have to relocate?

You can ignore all the questions if you want. Congrats on the job and enjoy your next chapter of your employment career.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Sometimes you pick a new menu item and it just sort of disappoints. Saw some spinach and artichoke stuffed mushroom caps at the grocery store. Cooked them for supper tonight as a side. Meh will not buy again.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Well Congratulations on the new job!! Do you get a break between them or leave the old on Friday and start the new one Monday? Did you stay in a similar field? Do you have to relocate?

You can ignore all the questions if you want. Congrats on the job and enjoy your next chapter of your employment career.
Usually best to give one extra day at least between changing jobs. I had one job where as soon as you gave 2-4 weeks notice, the boss would tell you to just pack your things and not hang around. So I expected that when I gave notice. He asked when my last day would be and I mentioned it was like 16 days away and he marked his calendar and said he would meet with me that morning. That assumption didn't work well because I was going to start 18 days from then and was using the break for fieldwork. So I did the friday/monday thing.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Thanks! I'm still at my old job right now and haven't given my notice yet, will do that Monday. Same field (new job actually at ISU, yay government benefits). No relocation so that's nice. Just a bit burned out in the corporate world and want to try something new. Just need this damn anxiety to go away, haha.

Dang all kinds of folks joining ISU say hi to @GMackey32 :)

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Usually best to give one extra day at least between changing jobs. I had one job where as soon as you gave 2-4 weeks notice, the boss would tell you to just pack your things and not hang around. So I expected that when I gave notice. He asked when my last day would be and I mentioned it was like 16 days away and he marked his calendar and said he would meet with me that morning. That assumption didn't work well because I was going to start 18 days from then and was using the break for fieldwork. So I did the friday/monday thing.

Yeah I've seen it go both ways. From your gone now till you play it out to the end. I've actually been involved in both. It all works.

Reactions: BCClone