Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Just gave up and looked up who the guy is in the AT&T commercials with "Lily". Figured he was some football player I was supposed to know. I didn't. Now know who he is and don't care.

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Hadn't planned on biking in the rain but that happened for five miles. Was a bit chilly with the wind. Like I have to say it was windy. :rolleyes:

DND

Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Hadn't planned on biking in the rain but that happened for five miles. Was a bit chilly with the wind. Like I have to say it was windy. :rolleyes:

DND
I biked to the post office and back and then to a church meeting. Each about 1.3 miles away but somehow was windy both ways.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Saw on Twitter today that today is the 42nd anniversary of the Mount St. Helens major eruption. I was just a bun in the oven and was curious what some of our "veteran" RTT's people remember about that day and time?

Thank you, Rulzzz. I knew yesterday was the 18th, knew it was the anniversary of something. Sadly, I did a report on Mt St Helens my HS freshman year amd still didn't remembet. I'm gettin' old.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
It was hazy out here even. Covered a lot of space. People freaked out that all the dormant volcanos in the US were going to go.
I was twelve so I don't remember it too well. I had way more important things going on. The two things I remember are that some people didn't want to evacuate from the lava flow and that I learned that Yellowstone was basically on top of a volcano.

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I was twelve so I don't remember it too well. I had way more important things going on. The two things I remember are that some people didn't want to evacuate from the lava flow and that Yellowstone was basically on top of a volcano.
Didn't you guys get your weekly reader?

Reactions: SaraV

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I am apparently increasingly surrounded by cranky aging people. Pick up the baby from my parents and my mom commented on how she was didn't know and was disappointed that she did not have the middle girl today because she had planned to plant sunflowers with her. I offer Friday and get "no I am busy getting ready for my colonoscopy Tuesday and Wednesday next week. What a retired person has to do to get ready for something four days later is beyond me but whatever.

Then I go to MrsWx's grandparents to pick up the middle girl and there are people mowing/blowing the yard next to them using one of those insanely loud gas powered backpack blowers. The kids are plugging their ears and I just say "Yeah I know there is a reason why more cities are banning those". Then I got to hear from her grandpa on how we are just wimps. You are right we are wimps there is no chance that it is the fact that it is at least 50 feet away we are two feet from each other and can't hear what we are saying.
Maybe you are becoming a cranky aging people.

• Haha
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Got a good chuckle out of this, thought a few people here would too.

Love it. My wife fully understands my love of Dirty Dodge.

8azD.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.