Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Second life insurance labs came back and mostly better than the first even. Gotta lower the bad cholesterol about 10-15 points and I’m labbing very well. Honestly better than I thought it would be. No EKGs with these. Must have slid under that requirement.

Reactions: NWICY and oldman

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Anybody remember when the new reseating (or whatever it’s called) for JTS is coming out? Tiers also? I like to pay the cyclone club first and not take the hit all one month with the donation and seats. I know you can stretch it out over months, but I am learning to hate monthly payments more than anything. Payments in general I guess (non business ones at least). Not a Ramsey person but those things can wear you out over time.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Anybody remember when the new reseating (or whatever it’s called) for JTS is coming out? Tiers also? I like to pay the cyclone club first and not take the hit all one month with the donation and seats. I know you can stretch it out over months, but I am learning to hate monthly payments more than anything. Payments in general I guess (non business ones at least). Not a Ramsey person but those things can wear you out over time.

Waiting on that as well.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I just went digging through my emails and couldn't find the email. I logged into the Cyclone Club and they still have the 2021 information out there. Didn't see anything for 2022 yet

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Anymore sick days are just lumped into PTO. It's another way companies try to make it sound like they are giving you a benefit but it actually favors the company.
The biggest scam is unlimited PTO, In the last two years many people haven't used much PTO because there was no where to go. Our company just switched to the unlimited PTO policy so guess what, all that accrued PTO from the last 2 years went away and they don't have to pay it out. Being that you no longer accrue PTO they don't have to pay it out when you leave.
Most people don't abuse the policy so the company wins in the long run. Plus new employees now have the same PTO as the long term employee.

Wow not paying you for what you accumulated was a dirty trick. Last corporate job I left that helped cover a lot of my extra expenses.

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
Three for me. Though I lost my 'streak' by not playing on the sabbath :confused:
ADIEU
FLIPS
POINT

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I heard late January for Cyclone Club. They need to make the tier changes there prior to putting out the info for the seating levels.

Reactions: BCClone

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I got it in 3 but it was a little bit of luck that my 2nd word got all the vowels placed properly

Donqluione

Feb 5, 2017

Sometime in February, I think towards the end, for the updated Cyclone Club donation/tiers. You can pay everything in March, or spread out as long as 10 months.

Donqluione

Feb 5, 2017
I once got a flat on my old Ford Ranger on a Chicago suburbs freeway. I was struggling to get the tire off when one of those State highway helper trucks showed up. He pulled out his lug wrench and couldn't get the lug nut to turn. We went back to my X lug wrench so we could both get on it - it wouldn't budge. So then we got future Mrs. Velo out of the cab so she could stand on the lug wrench while helper guy and I both pushed and pulled on the wrench and it finally broke free. It bent my lug wrench but we got that damned thing. I had a word after that with the shop that air wrenched my aluminum wheels on that thing.

This reminds me of one of those old family stories that gets told and retold, that happened a VERY long time ago, so long ago that Interstate highways hadn't been invented and the Pontiac brand hadn't gone to Car Heaven.

My late FIL bought a used Pontiac after having always been a "Ford man", right before going on a long family vacation. Always one to be prepared, he took it into the local tire shop to have the tires balanced and rotated just before leaving.

While passing through the midst of the Great American West, aka Middle of Nowhere, he got a flat tire. After quite some time of trying to get the lug nuts off, thoroughly cussing out the local tire shop and his GD impact wrench, and bending the lug wrench into an unusable shape, he saw the first vehicle since pulling off rapidly approaching in the distance. He stepped into the middle of the highway to force the driver to stop.

Driver rolls down the window, says "Can I help you sir? My wife is in labor and I'm racing her to the hospital", motioning to the passenger who is obviously in great distress.

FIL: "I have a flat, need to borrow your lug wrench because I bent mine all to hell."

Driver: "Here it is, keep it I need to go." Looks over at the Pontiac, then up at my FIL.

"You do know sir, that Pontiacs have reverse threads?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron