Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Establishing a new Boxster Christmas tradition, eating quiche and drinking champagne while watching Kurt Russell as Santa in the Christmas Chronicles. You're never too old for a new tradition. ;)

BTW, in an established Boxster tradition, I do have key lime pie thawing in the frig. Cause , I gotta be me.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Merry Christmas, RTTers! I hope you got to enjoy this holiday season in one form or another. We got to go visit my husband's grandfather, whom I've adopted as my own. I haven't seen him since Easter, and he's had some medical issues since then. He's healing, though, and his mind is completely there. Love him to bits.

Stay safe out there, the snow has started back up again.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
I don't like these silly gift exchange games. Everyone buys a $10 gift card to somewhere, then everyone draws a number, then you pick a gift card from the pile and open it, you either keep it or steal someone else's and give them the one you picked. You want to be last so you get the best one. 90 percent of them will be Kwik Trip though.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I don't like these silly gift exchange games. Everyone buys a $10 gift card to somewhere, then everyone draws a number, then you pick a gift card from the pile and open it, you either keep it or steal someone else's and give them the one you picked. You want to be last so you get the best one. 90 percent of them will be Kwik Trip though.
We did the traditional white elephant type exchange and MrsWx’s extended family today. I had last and stole my BIL who was right before me as he opened a box of Dutch letters from Jarsama Bakery. He didn’t know what it was but I knew as soon as I saw the box and was halfway across the room to get it.

• Winner
Reactions: SaraV and BoxsterCy

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
We did the traditional white elephant type exchange and MrsWx’s extended family today. I had last and stole my BIL who was right before me as he opened a box of Dutch letters from Jarsama Bakery. He didn’t know what it was but I knew as soon as I saw the box and was halfway across the room to get it.
I decided to pick from the pile and got a Starbucks, which I don't want, but my cousin gave me her Ace Hardware one. At least I didn't pick the Ulta card.

Of course the person who went last stole the Amazon card.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Mmm, Dutch letters. Family friends used to bring them once in a while and it was always a favorite treat.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Felt a bit under the weather yesterday. Same today, even skipped going to the gym. Bought a pumpkin pie on sale just in case this might be somehow related to an acute pumpkin deficiency.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Mmm, Dutch letters. Family friends used to bring them once in a while and it was always a favorite treat.
Last time we went up to northern Minnesota, I bought some sweet corn from the DSM Farmer's Market to bring to the in-laws. They DEVOURED it. (We helped)

@wxman1 You were the Winner of that white elephant by a mile.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
So there was a plot. Three different ads, on Twitter, on TV, and on another site I visit. All for French Silk Pie.

Yup. Lew & I drove into town to get French Silk Pie. :p

Reactions: NWICY

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Last time we went up to northern Minnesota, I bought some sweet corn from the DSM Farmer's Market to bring to the in-laws. They DEVOURED it. (We helped)

@wxman1 You were the Winner of that white elephant by a mile.
It makes up for MrsWx being the big loser. She picked a box that had a few rolls of toilet paper and some kind of motion activated toilet light. Not a chance that came close to the $25 that everyone else put into the gifts.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Uncle Henry and Auntie Em were probably thinking "Great, now we're never getting rid of her"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron