Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I think they finally got all the systems up. Of course now I'm working on the other 2 projects.
One of which is Anheuser Busch which is the third time they are trying this project.

Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Well I left a bad environment for one that wasn't a long term fit and I very nearly said no but DH and I decided I needed out badly enough and I may as well make more while I look. It was the right choice because the new role has actually helped get me interviews for places I like. And I've learned new things and can see that I'm more qualified outside of my former industry than I credited myself with.
Now I'm trying to get to the long term fit. I don't hate where I'm at but there wasn't even a honeymoon period. End of day 2 I told DH idk if I can slug through. Made it a while now but but I know I shouldn't stay. Just a lot of work to find a new role when you are working with young kids, taking classes and everybody's interview process requires crazy inputs.

Got my class done tonight and we had friends over who agreed the process for the company I have a project for this week sound problematic and probably don't want to work there. So I won't kill myself on the project. Pin my hopes to the other two and see what turns up. I hope the speck I see is light at the end of the tunnel!
Wasn’t a hit at you. Just meant I was buried at the time. Just had a kid (graduates from ISU Saturday), full time job, was grain farming, teaching night classes at a university, and going back to class for another degree in MIS. I never had a minute and things we piling up. Add to that my dad had passed away a couple years before and I was the closest kid to my mom so she would need help.

That’s when I said things need to change. I dropped out of class first and slowly whittled things off. Family is the first to me, and I wasn’t going to miss time with my kid.

Make sure to take care of yourself and family most of all.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Wasn’t a hit at you. Just meant I was buried at the time. Just had a kid (graduates from ISU Saturday), full time job, was grain farming, teaching night classes at a university, and going back to class for another degree in MIS. I never had a minute and things we piling up. Add to that my dad had passed away a couple years before and I was the closest kid to my mom so she would need help.

That’s when I said things need to change. I dropped out of class first and slowly whittled things off. Family is the first to me, and I wasn’t going to miss time with my kid.

Make sure to take care of yourself and family most of all.

ah, yes I did read it a bit as me chasing money which isn't the case. I'm pretty seriously considering not continuing with the classes I'm doing. It was meant to gain new skills because I believed I wasn't capable of even applying for the kinds of jobs I'm interviewing for. But one of the ones I had applied for said no but we think you'd be a good fit for this role 2 levels up. I made it to one of the final 2 before they went with experience. Sucked, but showed me I was underselling myself and ~30k a year isn't play money. Started applying for others in that realm and started getting interviews 30-40% of the time which was crazy compared to my prior hit rate. If I get an offer and take one here soon - I don't know that the classes are adding the value. So that's on my list to drop first. DH is urging to take off the summer and restart - sees one class as sort of wasted money but I'm leaning toward wasting money on 1 not 3 thought I am learning from them.

So far I'm taking the time from my own sleep and personal time but that's coming out as zeeerrooooooo patience when kids are crazy and no time for DH so it needs to change.

How is your son graduating? He just started college! I would have guessed ending soph or jr year. That's nuts.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY and BoxsterCy

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Got a text from my mom this morning that my aunt is feeling alot better and might even get released tomorrow.

Good to see there has been more progress regarding when people get hospitalized for this. Although my 5 day stay was before vaccines really got underway. My aunt is fully vaxed / boosted.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
ah, yes I did read it a bit as me chasing money which isn't the case. I'm pretty seriously considering not continuing with the classes I'm doing. It was meant to gain new skills because I believed I wasn't capable of even applying for the kinds of jobs I'm interviewing for. But one of the ones I had applied for said no but we think you'd be a good fit for this role 2 levels up. I made it to one of the final 2 before they went with experience. Sucked, but showed me I was underselling myself and ~30k a year isn't play money. Started applying for others in that realm and started getting interviews 30-40% of the time which was crazy compared to my prior hit rate. If I get an offer and take one here soon - I don't know that the classes are adding the value. So that's on my list to drop first. DH is urging to take off the summer and restart - sees one class as sort of wasted money but I'm leaning toward wasting money on 1 not 3 thought I am learning from them.

So far I'm taking the time from my own sleep and personal time but that's coming out as zeeerrooooooo patience when kids are crazy and no time for DH so it needs to change.

How is your son graduating? He just started college! I would have guessed ending soph or jr year. That's nuts.
He finished in three years. Will be living somewhere from Cedar Rapids to Iowa city area.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well it wasn't too bad at work got home at a decent time.

I believe all governed semi's should have a 2 minute power boost, that way they can pass the other governed semi that is going 1/2mph slower than the one passing thus eliminating the 5 mile pass.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Well it wasn't too bad at work got home at a decent time.

I believe all governed semi's should have a 2 minute power boost, that way they can pass the other governed semi that is going 1/2mph slower than the one passing thus eliminating the 5 mile pass.
That would be nice. It causes such a large backup behind them.

do4CY

Aug 30, 2020
Went to the cyclone softball game on Saturday with my family. it was a beautiful day but forgot how much sun reflects off of aluminum bleachers.

2 women's basketball players came and sat in front of us. A little while later a kid came and asked for an autograph from one of them. She jokingly consoled the other one afterwards for getting left out. The kid came back a little while later and asked for the other autograph.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Went to the cyclone softball game on Saturday with my family. it was a beautiful day but forgot how much sun reflects off of aluminum bleachers.

2 women's basketball players came and sat in front of us. A little while later a kid came and asked for an autograph from one of them. She jokingly consoled the other one afterwards for getting left out. The kid came back a little while later and asked for the other autograph.
I'm afraid I'm guilty of that. When we were at Battle4Atlantis we sat next to Mike Jacobsen & his family (and his best bud Carter Booth and his family) at the Thanksgiving buffet I asked Mike to sign my "Hilton Magic" t-shirt...but not Carter. There's only so much room on the t-shirt...

Reactions: do4CY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'm afraid I'm guilty of that. When we were at Battle4Atlantis we sat next to Mike Jacobsen & his family (and his best bud Carter Booth and his family) at the Thanksgiving buffet I asked Mike to sign my "Hilton Magic" t-shirt...but not Carter. There's only so much room on the t-shirt...
Well you could have.

1652109358830.jpeg

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Well you can hardly even see the lake, terrible. Naw congrats to you, more snow but less Texas. Do you have room for hot peppers or not doing that as much anymore?

I stopped right before the pandemic because the new apartment I had just moved into had terrible sun. I am going to investigate this apartment in Chicago and see what I can do. I face due east which is the worst facing direction for peppers unfortunately

• Friendly
Reactions: cowgirl836

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I can see the back yard of a house about 5 houses away and it is filled with boxes and crap. Not sure when that happened. Not sure why you wouldn't get a dumpster and throw it all in there instead of just loading up the back yard. Maybe they're hoping the wind will blow it all away.

IMG_0349.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron