Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I work with a woman that is almost doing that. She is either on vacation or just travels out of town. Gets on conference calls in the morning and then does vacation stuff in the afternoon all the while filling out a timecard as if she works all day.
Then once a month she pulls an all nighter trying to get everything she needs to do for the month in one Saturday night.

A friend of mine works for the state in Minnesota, she dropped me a text saying she has spent 8 weeks this yr in different places, I asked her if she was turning working from home into working from vacation. She did not respond to my text. LOL

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
A friend of mine works for the state in Minnesota, she dropped me a text saying she has spent 8 weeks this yr in different places, I asked her if she was turning working from home into working from vacation. She did not respond to my text. LOL
Our neighbors did school (middle and high) from Walt Disney World last fall. I don't know if Dad was phoning in work or if he took vacation time. Knowing him, he probably did that on the up and up.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I want to make it to 65 (25 months) for 2 reasons
1. 2 more years of 401k/HSA contributions
2. 2 more years of growth in IRA/Investments/Roth

Then when I turn 65 just quit the next time they give me a reason to quit.
I hear ya. But it was severely impacting my health. My stress levels had gone through the roof and I was bordering on high blood pressure issues (after a lifetime of always running on the low side of normal). When we realized we could do it and still make our mortgage & insurance payments but cut expenses on other things (gas, clothes, food) it was a no brainer for us. Still had to give 5 weeks notice though, so that the TIAA-CREF could get all sorted out.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Our neighbors did school (middle and high) from Walt Disney World last fall. I don't know if Dad was phoning in work or if he took vacation time. Knowing him, he probably did that on the up and up.

We debated using my in-laws timeshare membership thing to do that somewhere (Not WDW) but it just never really worked out cost and ambition wise.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Took sammich break. Going to head back to the great hosta dig. Sorta disappointing that, other than a couple variegated ones, everything is the generic old school hosta lancifolia. Still worth digging I guess. Don't have to be gentle, the lancifolias would grow even if you just tossed them on ground, as long as they got some water.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Took sammich break. Going to head back to the great hosta dig. Sorta disappointing that, other than a couple variegated ones, everything is the generic old school hosta lancifolia. Still worth digging I guess. Don't have to be gentle, the lancifolias would grow even if you just tossed them on ground, as long as they got some water.
Ain't that the truth. I got some dug up hostas from someone a couple of years ago. They sat in a cardboard box for a month or more before I could plant them. A few of them were molding but I planted them anyway and I'll be damned if 95%+ of them survived and are thriving.

Reactions: oldman

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I hear ya. But it was severely impacting my health. My stress levels had gone through the roof and I was bordering on high blood pressure issues (after a lifetime of always running on the low side of normal). When we realized we could do it and still make our mortgage & insurance payments but cut expenses on other things (gas, clothes, food) it was a no brainer for us. Still had to give 5 weeks notice though, so that the TIAA-CREF could get all sorted out.

You and lew now just sit around naked M-F??

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Ain't that the truth. I got some dug up hostas from someone a couple of years ago. They sat in a cardboard box for a month or more before I could plant them. A few of them were molding but I planted them anyway and I'll be damned if 95%+ of them survived and are thriving.

The 3 things that could survive a nuclear holocaust? Cockroaches, hostas, and..........kudzu.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
A-a-a-a-a-a-nd now the reports are coming that there are actually tons of lumber out there.....the mills have been producing all along. Market is falling off like crazy. There are still transportation issues, but it's not like there was actually a shortage.

Capitalism at its finest.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: wxman1 and NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
A-a-a-a-a-a-nd now the reports are coming that there are actually tons of lumber out there.....the mills have been producing all along. Market is falling off like crazy. There are still transportation issues, but it's not like there was actually a shortage.

Local place told me about a month to two months ago that lumber was available but Canada and the US govt were in a peeing match and Canada wouldn't push what they had across the border.

• Agree
Reactions: oldman

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

I'm shocked! Not.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Oh, man, I HOPE so!!!!

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle

Now if the housing market can just follow suit....

Status
Not open for further replies.