Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I've reached the point where churches that insist on meeting in-person during this are a red flag to me.
Our church has not had in-person services since early March. Our building is closed except for specifically approved groups to meet, and there are strict limitations, cleaning procedures and accessibility requirements.

There have been a handful of Sundays when a socially-distanced outdoor service has been held on a grassy area. Attendees bring their own lawn chairs and wear masks. Occasionally prepackaged communion packs are distributed at the end.

We have not been to any of those, and last week I mentioned in an online meeting for a church committee I'm on that I will not be back immediately whenever we do reopen the building for services (will be 2021) and I honestly don't know when I will go back.

We do have Sunday Facebook live service, and recorded ones on our church website and YouTube channel. Our church has a Reopening Team and based on results of a survey sent to the congregation, the no-open decision was made in August.

We're acting on the "first do no harm" principle and that's just fine with me.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Our church has not had in-person services since early March. Our building is closed except for specifically approved groups to meet, and there are strict limitations, cleaning procedures and accessibility requirements.

There have been a handful of Sundays when a socially-distanced outdoor service has been held on a grassy area. Attendees bring their own lawn chairs and wear masks. Occasionally prepackaged communion packs are distributed at the end.

We have not been to any of those, and last week I mentioned in an online meeting for a church committee I'm on that I will not be back immediately whenever we do reopen the building for services (will be 2021) and I honestly don't know when I will go back.

We do have Sunday Facebook live service, and recorded ones on our church website and YouTube channel. Our church has a Reopening Team and based on results of a survey sent to the congregation, the no-open decision was made in August.

We're acting on the "first do no harm" principle and that's just fine with me.
Sounds like you’re Lutheran.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
All the cool cats are Methodist
Wrong. Dead wrong.

catholic-school-81929.gif

• Funny
Reactions: WooBadger18

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Still have 15 pages to read...

I can help you catch up.

@cowgirl836 had another calf
@BoxsterCy gifted me das Audi
@cyrocksmypants sent some cryptic message about lights in the woods behind his apartment and has not been seen since
@ImJustKCClone was seen gathering kittens on the side of the road. Lew was helping her without a shirt on in 30 degree weather
@Cyclones_R_GR8 graciously worked overnight for a client
@Angie Agreed that this thread is worthy of being a sticky
@Fitzy commented in his podcast how much he really enjoys reading these threads.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Used the chainsaw to hem my pants today. Luckily that's as deep as it got. Darn kick back.

I stay away from chainsaws cause amateur and hire pros. Not ******* with them but if I did......

44123_2000x2000.jpg

Neighbors across the street haven't learned this yet. Took a trip to the ER and almost killing one of the previous neighbors for that pair to learn.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Just found and started listening to "Now That's What I Call Halloween" playlist on Spotify. It's just a little over 3 hours long, so won't get to listen to the whole thing in one session. I like it.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Well evidently mouse migration 2020 is underway. Caught 2 last nite time to check all the traps and make sure there is fresh bait on all of them.
I was visiting my parents last week, and sleeping in the basement. I came upstairs one morning and Mom asked if I'd seen a mouse downstairs. I hadn't. Apparently she opened a drawer in the kitchen and one jumped out and ran down into the basement. I checked in yesterday, but they've trapped nothing so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.