Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Without searching/researching, name the historic figure in this 1902 photo.

I'll explain later how/why I came across this.

6a0361a1f4e73049f5b20762c5fc0410.jpg

Young boxster??? ;)

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Wife and I decided to make an impromptu trip to Mount Rushmore and Badlands National Park over the 4th. I've never been and she was really young the one time she went. I'm actually really looking forward to it.

Beautiful country, The lighting ceremony at night is really cool at least it was 25+ yrs ago. It is also really cool at sunrise. Also Jewel Cave is really neat, Wind Cave is ok. Custer State park is worth a drive through IMO.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Welp on the road at 530 checked into the hotel 945 cold KwikStar chicken and a silver bullet for supper. Hopefully tomorrow is my last day in the CR area otherwise back on Mon.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
A couple of days ago I awoke at about 4:30 am to sirens that were pretty close. When I went to take a walk I saw a police car stopped with it's lights on right at where all the road construction is underway. Soon two more police cars came driving out of the construction zone. When I was returning from my walk a flatbed tow truck was pulling out with what was left of a badly mangled car.
Not sure how someone could have missed the signs.
IMG_20200617_063804.jpg

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
A couple of days ago I awoke at about 4:30 am to sirens that were pretty close. When I went to take a walk I saw a police car stopped with it's lights on right at where all the road construction is underway. Soon two more police cars came driving out of the construction zone. When I was returning from my walk a flatbed tow truck was pulling out with what was left of a badly mangled car.
Not sure how someone could have missed the signs.
[TTACH=full]72884[/ATTACH]

You'd be surprised. We were doing a bridge deck pour that required us to shut down the existing bridge. We've got bridge closed signs across the road, a cop behind them with lights on, concrete trucks stacked up 4 deep in the middle of the road and still had people trying to sneak through the gap in between the signs and go across the bridge.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Nothing like having a flat tire to set the mood for a Friday.
Wait til you have kids! I had one Friday a few winters back where my step-son called (which he never did unless it was something bad) to say he needed some help. Somehow he had smashed up against a curb and popped BOTH tires on the passenger side from their rims. He also then proceeded to "drive to safety" on the tireless wheels, which needless to say was not good for them.

So you only had one flat tire, amirite?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Wait til you have kids! I had one Friday a few winters back where my step-son called (which he never did unless it was something bad) to say he needed some help. Somehow he had smashed up against a curb and popped BOTH tires on the passenger side from their rims. He also then proceeded to "drive to safety" on the tireless wheels, which needless to say was not good for them.

We had a daughter drive clear across from Altoona to Adel with a red light on the dash. Seems someone wasn't checking the oil. And someone didn't know (or refused to believe) that turning the radio up didn't stop the engine from knocking, just drowned it out a bit. Yeah - she was something of a "if I don't know about it, nothing is wrong" type kid. That engine was toast by the time she called Lew for help...

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center

Yeah, only 1 today, had one last Thursday as well

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Welp on the road at 530 checked into the hotel 945 cold KwikStar chicken and a silver bullet for supper. Hopefully tomorrow is my last day in the CR area otherwise back on Mon.

Coincidence that you come to town and we have four shootings in 19 hours? JK of course. One of them was less than a mile or so from us and roughly at the end of a trail that I sometimes ride and did earlier in the week.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Beautiful country, The lighting ceremony at night is really cool at least it was 25+ yrs ago. It is also really cool at sunrise. Also Jewel Cave is really neat, Wind Cave is ok. Custer State park is worth a drive through IMO.
I was going to recommend Wind Cave especially if you need to cool off on a really hot day. Jewel Cave is cool but I don't remember it as well since I was last in it about 25 years ago.

I like Devils Tower, but doing Custer, Rushmore, Needles, etc. and then driving up to DT all in one day may be a bit much.

You can't grasp the immensity of DT from pictures. Those little chunks peeling off of it every millenium or so dwarf semi tractor-trailers.
devilstower42.jpg

Reactions: oldman and NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Coincidence that you come to town and we have four shootings in 19 hours? JK of course. One of them was less than a mile or so from us and roughly at the end of a trail that I sometimes ride and did earlier in the week.

Heard about those on the a.m. news, I thought those were pretty high numbers for CR.

Status
Not open for further replies.