Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Was just told that this couple that were my son's prayer partners and mentors through confirmation got to see each other. For the last 2-3 weeks the care center has been on lock down and the wife has been in there for awhile now. The husband would go and spend nearly his whole day there visiting his wife before this. My wife took some food over for him so he would have some homemade stuff about a week ago. He told my wife that he was absolutely heart broken over this. Today he was able to go over to the nursing home and they could look at each other while talking on cell phones through a glass window. The sad parts that are happening due to this.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
giphy.gif

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
You're seeing faces?
We've been told not to do this via synchronous meetings.
I look up people's faces on the class list when they e-mail, if I don't already recognize their name. I'm considering a very, very, very optional video call Sunday night if it looks like our equipment can handle it.

I talked with Mediacom last night about the upgrade. They hung up while I went to get some info. I did more research and saw again how quickly it would blow up in our face, so it's time to just truck on by.

I think it's going to be short introductory videos for context, post the slides that would have happened, along with notes on that notes page, and some links to relevant videos, since links I can do, and uploading I cannot.

do you have access to anyone who has better internet? And are these videos under 2GB in size? If so, you could try sending via wetransfer.com and having someone else upload for you. IDK if that's a real option though.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Random Thoughts from someone in a 'stay at home' city:

1) Since I'm still required to go to work (infrastructure contractor): Not having any traffic on the way home at 5 PM is nice (drive in to work still has a surprising amount of traffic, but it's mainly going to plants and refineries).
2) I'm amazed that some people still don't seem to know how a drive-thru works. Or that they need a menu at Chik-Fil-A. Not that many choices there...
3) Anyone else feel torn about ordering stuff online or ordering takeout? Part of me says do it, it's helping the economy and justifying those jobs & businesses staying open. The other part of me says Bad! Social Distancing, Flatten the Curve, don't force people into those situations, etc. Pretty much the only store I go into is the grocery store and Target. I'm amazed at the number of cars in the Lowes/Home Depot parking lots.

definitely on #3 especially hearing that some of the Amazon distribution places are having trouble and not really being taken care of by the company. Target on the other hand.......is. So I'll try to order from them I guess.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
The vixen and I are really missing our fave Mexican eating joint.....so we're thinking about calling for some takeout tonight. Hope that's not a giant faux pas. We definitely don't want this pandemic to cost Raoul and Delfina their business.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
The vixen and I are really missing our fave Mexican eating joint.....so we're thinking about calling for some takeout tonight. Hope that's not a giant faux pas. We definitely don't want this pandemic to cost Raoul and Delfina their business.
What about Taco Tico????

Reactions: jcyclonee

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I'm amazed at the number of cars in the Lowes/Home Depot parking lots.
'

I am heading there today to exchange a propane tank. May be taking a trip to Menards this weekend to look at stuff for our next home project.

Does it hurt all the time? Sometimes when it was bad for me, just the bedsheet moving against my toe was agony. I sure hope for your sake it isn't, but if it is I can give you lots of advice. ;)

Not quite there yet but yeah it is generally in pain all the time. Had been planning to tough it out for the weekend but I have decided it isn't worth it and am calling the Dr today to see about getting in.

Just for a differential diagnosis...look up "bunion". :D

Awww hell naw.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
You guys are SUCH cowards!
A bunion is the reason I had foot surgery four years ago. Similar symptoms to what wxman described. Get your minds out of the gutter!!!

I should note: if I had taken care of it in the early stages, the surgery would not have been nearly as extensive. :(

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron