Rail System and Mall of America

Hilz4cy

Jan 22, 2008
West Des Moines
I've seen that there is a rail system that goes to the Mall of America from various hotels in the bloomington area. I have a couple of questions.

Does this rail drop you off inside the MOA or outside somewhere? and does it stop at any of the nearby hotels if so which ones.

Going up this weekend really didn't feel like driving once I got there. Thanks

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
I've seen that there is a rail system that goes to the Mall of America from various hotels in the bloomington area. I have a couple of questions.

Does this rail drop you off inside the MOA or outside somewhere? and does it stop at any of the nearby hotels if so which ones.

Going up this weekend really didn't feel like driving once I got there. Thanks

The light rail takes you to the parking garage of the Mall. I'm not sure how close it gets to hotels. I'm sure if you asked a hotel how far a light rail station was, they would tell you.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Their are a few hotels fairly close to where the train drops you.

Jables22

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 15, 2007
The train drop off is on the south side of the mall in the parking garage. There are several hotels just across the street to the south. I think the street is Killebrew (as in Harmon).

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
My wife and I were at the mall just three weeks ago. There are about a dozen hotels within a mile or two and I had no problem getting parking in one of the ramps. Most of the hotels have shuttles as well.

Couldn't tell you about the train - other than it stinks getting stuck at an intersection waiting for that thing to cross - took forever.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron