Question for the pheasant hunters

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Cypride-CRP is almost always seeded with brome grass. Grass has no food value to pheasants. And it does not grow thick enough or tall enough to provide protection from the predators that frequent it. Ignorant, eh? Name calling, unless done in obvious jest, serves no purpose. We obviously have common interests in following the Cyclones and pheasant population concerns. Keep in mind that I am a farmer and have a different view than you. Unlike some farmers who could care less, I am interested in solving the problem and open to suggestions even though I do not hunt. I see the big picture and the loss of quality of life for me who enjoys seeing pheasants and the benefit to me of the city hunter who likes to hunt and needs to have a positive experience when dealing with farmers, which is to the benefit of farmers in the long run which a lot of them do not understand.

1100011CS-Over half the farm ground is rented and not owned by the farmer. Competiton to rent is intense. Landlords appreciate a well groomed, weed free property hence the effort to maintain a good looking property in order to maintain the privilege to continue renting the property. It is a pain in the ... to do the mowing and destroys good habitat. Same holds true for the farmer's own property, if it is not well groomed but looks ill kept he may miss an opportunity to rent based on how his own property appears. And it is also just like in town, if the neighbors place is mowed up and looks good and yours isn't, it looks bad.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron