Question for Chris re: radio comments

Thefullmonte

Nov 3, 2015
I heard the tail end, but I think you said that if last years team had this years players that they would've won 7 or 8 games.

Did I hear that right?

If I did, could you explain? Thanks!

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I heard the tail end, but I think you said that if last years team had this years players that they would've won 7 or 8 games.

Did I hear that right?

If I did, could you explain? Thanks!

Yeah just that the Big 12 will be a lot better this year than it was last IMO. You beat UNI. Finish out OSU and Baylor. Probably be in a few others. That's the gist of it.

Thefullmonte

Nov 3, 2015
Oh, I did hear it right. LOL.

We'd pick up 5 wins.

Seems weird when you haven't seen any of this years players play (did they improve?, Warren didn't last year) that you would say that we would increase our win total to 8 total wins which is a # that we've reached once since 1980.

I don't see how the Big 12 potentially being better this year hypothetically increases our wins for last year. Maybe you were just filling time.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008

We'd pick up 5 wins.

Seems weird when you haven't seen any of this years players play (did they improve?, Warren didn't last year) that you would say that we would increase our win total to 8 total wins which is a # that we've reached once since 1980.

I don't see how the Big 12 potentially being better this year hypothetically increases our wins for last year. Maybe you were just filling time.
Everyone knows you're a troll. It's not a secret anymore

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
How is that a troll?

It's pointing out just a horrible take by Chris that should be at least mildly embarrassing as we try to win hypothetical games from last year...with this year's players.
Might be your past posts backing the Hawks that gave it away? Idk but I'd be embarrassed if I spent this much time on an Iowa website

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park

We'd pick up 5 wins.

I think you just have comprehension issues.

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015

We'd pick up 5 wins.

Everyone laugh at the douchebag.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Everyone laugh at the douchebag.
tumblr_lz5ia86DVz1qdeocv.gif

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I'm a fan of both teams. Always have been. I don't hide that.
I'm a fan of LOTS of teams; Iowa State, and at one time or another North Dakota State, Central Michigan, Western Michigan, Northwestern, especially Wisconsin and Washington, etc., etc.

Last edited:

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
How is that a troll?

It's pointing out just a horrible take by Chris that should be at least mildly embarrassing as we try to win hypothetical games from last year...with this year's players.

I see what CW is trying to say, but I think he did exaggerate his point somewhat. Improving by 4 or 5 more wins by having this year's roster is asking a LOT. I agree there were some close games in there that could have been swayed possibly, but that's hard to say.

Take the UNI game, I hate to say it, but they dominated us in the trenches. How would that change so much with the guys we've added this year? Remember you'd have to lose Demond Tucker, and add Ray Lima. Would that make much difference? How about the OL? I'd love to say that this year's OL will be a LOT better, but I think that's still up in the air.

I guess I'd just like to know from CW what additions to this year's roster he thinks would have made such a difference, or is he also factoring in another year's worth of experience? For example, would Lanning still be starting against UNI, or would it be Park? Would Park still be in year one, or year two? Would it be CMC's first year or second year?

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I see what CW is trying to say, but I think he did exaggerate his point somewhat. Improving by 4 or 5 more wins by having this year's roster is asking a LOT. I agree there were some close games in there that could have been swayed possibly, but that's hard to say.

Take the UNI game, I hate to say it, but they dominated us in the trenches. How would that change so much with the guys we've added this year? Remember you'd have to lose Demond Tucker, and add Ray Lima. Would that make much difference? How about the OL? I'd love to say that this year's OL will be a LOT better, but I think that's still up in the air.

I guess I'd just like to know from CW what additions to this year's roster he thinks would have made such a difference, or is he also factoring in another year's worth of experience? For example, would Lanning still be starting against UNI, or would it be Park? Would Park still be in year one, or year two? Would it be CMC's first year or second year?

I think that it's more than just this years roster. It's the team overall and being in the system for a full year. They were so unorganized and tentative to start last season. Don't know about 8 wins, but I could easy see 6.

• Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I think that it's more than just this years roster. It's the team overall and being in the system for a full year. They were so unorganized and tentative to start last season. Don't know about 8 wins, but I could easy see 6.

Ok, so we're talking about taking this year's roster ALONG WITH giving them all an entire season of experience under their belts, along with the coaches too. I could see maybe 5 or 6 wins in that scenario, but not 7 or 8.

• Dislike
Reactions: CyBlitz

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park

Are you being serious? Last years team at the end of the season would have crushed UNI. They were playin for completely different by the end of the year.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Hypothetical victory instead of real ones...again!!!

Iowa State University---2016 Hypothetical National Champions

You're either a troll, or too stupid to understand the context of what's being said. Probably both.

It won't be hypothetical in 2017 when we handle UNI pretty easily.

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone

Help Support Us

Become a patron