Purdue

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
I think both sides of this argument need to chill out. I'm as disappointed as the next guy, but it's the tourney. ISU didn't play their best game, Purdue made more plays, and they won. That simple, let's not start ripping on a guy who's been pretty reasonable(until the latest outburst I suppose.)

I think a few fans need to get some temporary breaks here...

Yep - well and Purdue won the Big 10 this year and has 27 wins. Almost beat Nova and Louisville earlier this year too. They're a great team so there' no reason for anyone to be so pissed. Yeah we had plenty of opportunities to win at the end - shoulda woulda coulda. It's life - life goes on. It's not like ISU lost to UAB. It's Purdue - they're good. The team should be proud of the season and also very proud of coming back from 19 down.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
No idea why we waited till middle of the second half to isolate Burton on Swanigan, really poor game plan out of the gate and waited way way way too long to adjust. So that is disappointing. Should have ran circles around Purdue, just sad to lose to a team we match up with so well.

Hell of an effort, and some really bad breaks, proud of our guys though. Great guys and great players. Fun year.

• Funny
Reactions: AltHawk

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012
No idea why we waited till middle of the second half to isolate Burton on Swanigan, really poor game plan out of the gate and waited way way way too long to adjust. So that is disappointing. Should have ran circles around Purdue, just sad to lose to a team we match up with so well.

Hell of an effort, and some really bad breaks, proud of our guys though. Great guys and great players. Fun year.

Yeah we blew that game in the first half. There was point where they played haas and swan together and I don't think isolated them once. I had a bad feeling about this game from the start when long came out settling for NBA threes. We needed to establish dribble penetration from the get go. Also how did we not have Solomon in on those late free throws?

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

Maybe because the line up that made that happen hasn't been used much if at all this year.

• Agree
Reactions: Cat Stevens

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Too big a hole early cuz we thought we had to front hass. Dude can't score back to basket and we gave him 14 easy points.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Purdue was under-seeded by the committee, which sucks because if they would have gotten a better seed we wouldn't have had to play them in the second round. Not as bad as Villanova getting Wisconsin though. Combine that with the fact that they lost in the first round last two years and they were hungry to prove themselves. Not a fan of the Big Ten at all, but the regular season champ should probably be better than a 4 seed.

Cyclones423

Dec 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Anyone surprised we didn't have any bigs in when Purdue was shooting free throws at the end of the game? I know we need shooters out there for a potential game winning shot, but we needed someone at least capable of getting the rebound if they missed, which they did. Our guards didn't have much of a chance going up against Purdue's size for that rebound.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Anyone surprised we didn't have any bigs in when Purdue was shooting free throws at the end of the game? I know we need shooters out there for a potential game winning shot, but we needed someone at least capable of getting the rebound if they missed, which they did. Our guards didn't have much of a chance going up against Purdue's size for that rebound.

Yeah not sure the thought here. I get wanting shooters, but Solo should of been in.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
With purdues and gonzagas size, if they are hitting the 3 ball, they will be a tough out for anyone.

The same logic applies to West Virginia with their unique brand of defense.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
With purdues and gonzagas size, if they are hitting the 3 ball, they will be a tough out for anyone.

The same logic applies to West Virginia with their unique brand of defense.

Yeah, not a secret we lost the game in the 1st half when Purdue had their way with us all around. We couldn't make a three, and they couldn't miss. 2nd half was the direct opposite. Pretty sure the only three Purdue made in the secund half was after we took the 2 point lead with 3 mins left.

Reactions: kingcy

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I was very happy to see Matt get 11 shots. Was hoping DJack would get more than just two. Monte and Naz going 2/13 from three was the difference. They had a off night from deep and Purdue didn't. Too bad the great second half team effort just came up short.

Reactions: kingcy

Boilergrad

Mar 17, 2017
Yeah, Michigan shot better than they ever have in their life, and set NCAA records for their 3 pt % in the 2nd half, and won by one point against OSU who was seeded below Michigan and barely made the tourney. Great win! Any team that shoots the lights out at a record level usually win by 20+.

OSU was clearly the better team, and would have won by 10+ if Michigan doesn't have a game where literally everything they threw up there went in. And don't tell me OSU played horrible defense, nearly every shot was well guarded.

I give Michigan credit for knocking them down, but they were not the better team on that court.
O good. Someone else to add to the ignore list. Bye Felicia.

You guys have ton of basketball knowledge and credibility, especially after Michigan just took down Louisville this afternoon. Look forward to that "beatdown" we're re going to take from Kansas.

Boilergrad

Mar 17, 2017
Purdue fans have an interesting way of celebrating a big win

And Cyclone fans and players have a funny way of trash talking prior to a game and not backing it up. I came on here last night to sincerely congratulate your Cyclones for a great season and was promptly treated like sh@t. So I'm not real interested in how you feel I'm celebrating right now. Then to see this Morris trash talking like an @sshole makes me dislike your team even more.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
And Cyclone fans and players have a funny way of trash talking prior to a game and not backing it up. I came on here last night to sincerely congratulate your Cyclones for a great season and was promptly treated like sh@t. So I'm not real interested in how you feel I'm celebrating right now. Then to see this Morris trash talking like an @sshole makes me dislike your team even more.
Basketball players talking trash?
giphy.gif

It's pretty sad your media thought to report on that rather than focus on a good win.

Congrats on the win, Purdue is a good team. Not sure what else you're looking for?

• Agree
Reactions: TurdFerguson

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron