PSA: Niang v Morris NOW

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
Niang seemed to always be on the opposite side that the ball was on. Stays out on the wing so much, wish we could see that crafty inside game. Morris plays so smooth all the time. Miss seeing him in a cyclones jersey. Glad to see him excelling in the nba

• Agree
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

Clon3

Mar 24, 2014
Barton is a good player, but it's kinda weird that they have him dominate the ball on the second unit. Seems like it would make more sense to have Monte initiate the offense. I noticed Barton was always quick to grab the ball from the rebounder and wave Monte up the court. Monte made the most of his opportunities effectively playing SG, but that lineup doesn't make sense.

Barton is working his way back from an injury and they needed his offense last night.
22 pts on 8-13 shooting with 9 rebounds and 5 assists seems pretty okay.

Plumlee getting ejected probably played a small role in this too. Morris wasn't needed to move the ball around and get it inside tonight.

Barton will be back in the starting lineup by season's end and Monte will get a little more on ball time in certain lineups (unless Denver is stupid and tries to give Isaiah Thomas his minutes instead of shipping him off for basically anything)

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Niang seemed to always be on the opposite side that the ball was on. Stays out on the wing so much, wish we could see that crafty inside game. Morris plays so smooth all the time. Miss seeing him in a cyclones jersey. Glad to see him excelling in the nba
Yeah, there's so much of that in the NBA - sitting out on the wing to shoot a 3. It only uses a fraction of his game, but he can't be the engine of the offense in the NBA with all the size and athleticism in the league. I don't think his contract is guaranteed for next year so I hope he has a good stretch in the 2nd half of the season.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones12321

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Barton is working his way back from an injury and they needed his offense last night.
22 pts on 8-13 shooting with 9 rebounds and 5 assists seems pretty okay.

Plumlee getting ejected probably played a small role in this too. Morris wasn't needed to move the ball around and get it inside tonight.

Barton will be back in the starting lineup by season's end and Monte will get a little more on ball time in certain lineups (unless Denver is stupid and tries to give Isaiah Thomas his minutes instead of shipping him off for basically anything)

For sure. Barton was great last night. Admittedly haven't paid attention to the Nuggets until this season. It just seems weird to have Morris out there if he isn't playing PG.