PS4 launch Nov. 15 for $399

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
Will there be any kind of price drop between November and March? Like Rabbuk, the game I'm really waiting for is MLB the show. Infamous Second Son (I loved the first game, liked the second) looks pretty sweet too, but not sure when that comes out exactly.

I doubt there is a price drop for 2 years.

CycloneGB

Jul 20, 2010
At the risk of sounding like an idiot I ask this..

I'm not very tech-savvy, so reading things like specs doesn't do much for me. But how much of a difference will there be between a PS3 and a PS4? Will there be better graphics? Bigger games? Can somebody dummy down the major advantages to a PS4 going forward?

I ask because my PS3 still amazes me with the graphics on some of these games, and the size of GTA V is unreal. Hard to fathom games getting better, but I'm sure they will.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames

I'm not very tech-savvy, so reading things like specs doesn't do much for me. But how much of a difference will there be between a PS3 and a PS4? Will there be better graphics? Bigger games? Can somebody dummy down the major advantages to a PS4 going forward?

I ask because my PS3 still amazes me with the graphics on some of these games, and the size of GTA V is unreal. Hard to fathom games getting better, but I'm sure they will.

From my understanding, the games that will be coming out in the near future (ie. withing the next year or so) won't be a whole lot different than current gen games. Current gen systems are pretty much maxed out right now and that level is about equivalent with the base level of the next gen consoles.

The thing is that the next gen consoles raise the roof for future innovation. So eventually, these next gen consoles will be blowing the pants off of the current gen consoles, just not immediately.

I could be wrong, but that is kind of what I have picked up.

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009

Games like Killzone Shadow Fall, Ryse, and Infamous Second Son blow current gen out of the water. Also, there are comparison videos out there for Battlefield 4 on PS360 vs. on PS4/XB1 and there is a pretty big difference. Current gen hardware is 8 years old. It's amazing what they have squeezed out of it at this point.

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Games like Killzone Shadow Fall, Ryse, and Infamous Second Son blow current gen out of the water. Also, there are comparison videos out there for Battlefield 4 on PS360 vs. on PS4/XB1 and there is a pretty big difference. Current gen hardware is 8 years old. It's amazing what they have squeezed out of it at this point.

Very good point, BF4 is a great marker; 24 players on current gen, 64 on next gen with superior visuals. You'll actually see games run in natively in high def instead of being upscaled like many current gen titles.

That said if your going for the highest graphical fidelity PC is still your best bet. Console optimization can only take what is at heart, a mid range PC, so far.

Krug

Sep 4, 2010
Ankeny
No DLNA, CD, MP3. No external memory. Not sure it would stop me, but some may be affected.

Here is the FAQ. PS4: The Ultimate FAQ – North America – PlayStation.Blog

Less than 6hrs after that was put out Shu was having a meeting with PS4 devs to talk about mp3 and DNLA being put in the system. Im more impressed that they are so open about things and are willing to listen to gamers about things than shut them out and not talk about anything like Microsoft is doing.

Also no external Hard drive is not a big deal since the PS4 is user replaceable up to 1.5tb and 2tb hard drives coming next year. Only reason xbox lets you use external hard drives is because the 500gb hard drive provided is not replaceable.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
So folks that bought the latest Battlefield or Call of Duty Ghost gsmes (for example) in PS3 would need to buy it again for PS4, correct?

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
So folks that bought the latest Battlefield or Call of Duty Ghost gsmes (for example) in PS3 would need to buy it again for PS4, correct?
For BF4 you can upgrade to the next gen consoles for only 10 bucks if you plan on buying the PS4/Xbox One this year. After that I'm sure the $10 price will increase but hopefully anyone who buys it for a current gen console won't have to pay full price for the game again when they buy a PS4/Xbox One.

Dino

Mar 26, 2009
Des Moines
New Uncharted game announced!

Data-Star-Trek-Fist-Pump.gif

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
I doubt there is a price drop for 2 years.

I'd guess its sooner then that, probably more like a year or so, my bet would be that the cuts are on the small side and in response to a Xbox 1 price cut.

Help Support Us

Become a patron