Problem solved - How to turn ISU Basketball into an instant winner

GoShow97

Oct 18, 2006
homeless
ISU needs to renovate Hilton Colliseum. If only ISU would re-configure the seating but not actually increase the total capacity it would result in obtaining better recruits and also increase the on court performance of the players. This can easily be done by keeping Gmac while realicating the required "buy Out" money to renivate Hilton. Problem solved. :notworthy:

abe2010

Jan 14, 2009
Story City, IA
like by turning everyone's seat away from the court so everyone has to stand and theoretically make noise? How about we just get rid of the seats and put in bars to lean against?

LutherClone

Dec 15, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Weren't there images a few years back of what they wanted to do inside Hilton? Something like four measley luxury boxes in the upper deck? That would look terrible in my humble opinion. I like Hilton just the way she is. They did a nice job by adding the ribbon around the deck and the new seats/color plus the scoreboard. I think she is THE BEST place to watch college basketball... even if the product on the court hasn't lived up to its billing.

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
You bagdouche (yes i know its wrong, but it shows up doesnt it) fair weather fans need to get over it. Support your school, poor season or not. I'm guessing you are the same idiots who couldn't stand the football program before this season?

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
ISU needs to renovate Hilton Colliseum. If only ISU would re-configure the seating but not actually increase the total capacity it would result in obtaining better recruits and also increase the on court performance of the players. This can easily be done by keeping Gmac while realicating the required "buy Out" money to renivate Hilton. Problem solved. :notworthy:
Was this a sarcastic attempt at trying to compare the situation at Jack Trice Stadium and Hilton Coliseum? If so, comparing those two situations are apples to oranges.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Weren't there images a few years back of what they wanted to do inside Hilton? Something like four measley luxury boxes in the upper deck? That would look terrible in my humble opinion. I like Hilton just the way she is. They did a nice job by adding the ribbon around the deck and the new seats/color plus the scoreboard. I think she is THE BEST place to watch college basketball... even if the product on the court hasn't lived up to its billing.
Yes, it was part of the final phase of all renovations, there is no date set. Part of the renovations to Hilton are:
adding seats in the lower bowl
Suites in the Balcony
Widening the concourse
New concessions and merchandise stores
Improvements to mechanical and utility systems
Total cost: $25 million.

I couldn't find the renderings, but I remember the suites looking tacky in the balcony. Everything else though, looked great. The concourse could be widened to help traffic flow and the main entrance they drew up was pretty sweet. Other than that, Hilton is definitely not on the top of our priorities.

CyAg

May 22, 2006
I have the drawings somewhere on an old computer.

I do remember they would have added 6-7 suites on each side, and a donor reception area on the east side (I think it would have been $5k and above.

cytech

Apr 10, 2006
Hiawatha, Iowa
From what I remember they were going to use the areas where the stairs are now for the suites and make new stair cases up to the upper deck from the concourse. You would no longer be able to get to the upper deck from the balcony.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Is this a joke?

They don't have any buy out money to "realicate". If they did, McD would be gone.

GoShow97

Oct 18, 2006
homeless
Was this a sarcastic attempt at trying to compare the situation at Jack Trice Stadium and Hilton Coliseum? If so, comparing those two situations are apples to oranges.

And yet, you made the connection and put the two together. I wonder why that is.