Premier League Thread

Bewilderme

Apr 11, 2006
Minneapolis
Jenkinson actually looks pretty disciplined - he seems to know when to stay back and when to go forward. Nothing flashy, but effective enough. That said my expectations aren't real high with him to start with. Looking forward to seeing Giroud. Arsenal miss Oxlade-Chamberlain right now.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Sunderland content to play absolutely 0 offense the entire second half, such ugly play. Cazorla looked outstanding, and Giroud let a sure goal sail wide. Should have scored atleast one, but it's definitely going to be hard when the other team has no desire to score a goal for themselves.

Nov 30, 2011
England / Miami
United may be better than Arsenal now. With RVP, Arsenal are the better team this year.

WHAT? it's not even debatable United have been FAR better than the Gooners for 10 years now. Arseanal have not won any silverware for 7 years now. United are actual title contenders as usual and Arsenal will struggle to finish in the top for and obtain Champions league security

Nov 30, 2011
England / Miami
Dempsey is a absolute ****, taking a page from Tevez's book of refusing to play when the club is paying you a obscene amount of money to represent them.

But anyway the opening day has sprung some absolute spectacle's and surprises. Liverpool (The dirty Scousers) losing 3-0 to WBA is absolutely hilarious. Norwich and QPR possibly suffering from 2nd season syndrome. and a great win for newly promoted West Ham.

Will be interesting to see this evening's game between Spurs vs Toon. Two good teams knocking on the top four door.

Nov 30, 2011
England / Miami
Sunderland content to play absolutely 0 offense the entire second half, such ugly play. Cazorla looked outstanding, and Giroud let a sure goal sail wide. Should have scored atleast one, but it's definitely going to be hard when the other team has no desire to score a goal for themselves.

It may be ugly But it got the job done for them and they got what they came for. Good tactics by Martin O'neil.

Nov 30, 2011
England / Miami
Could have been 4-0 if WBA hadn't missed the penalty. But as soon as Agger got sent-off for Liverpool it was all over.

How will they turn this around? Summer signing's have been pretty poor and paid over the odd's

ItsCyence

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Sioux City
It may be ugly But it got the job done for them and they got what they came for. Good tactics by Martin O'neil.

Agree. Sunderland needed to get off to a positive start to the season and 1 point is way better than 0. Sunderland played a smart game against a team that had more offensive power.

Jun 30, 2010
Nebraska :(
How will they turn this around?

Make their back 4 two years younger.

And personally I don't think the straight 4-3-3 is the best formation for Liverpool's current squad. I'm not yet a believer in Borini or Allen, would of liked to have kept Bellamy and Maxi (think he should of seen more playing time) and would really like to see the youngster Sterling off the bench. I don't know what to do about Carroll either. I don't know what the deal is with Adam either. Had 6 assists last year but his goal scoring was nowhere to be found.

That's a lot of transfers with only Suarez to show for it.

Nov 30, 2011
England / Miami
Yes Allen and Borini are not the kind of signing's Liverpool should be making unless they are happy with mid table finishes. Charlie Adam might be one of the laziest Liverpool players EVER. has the tekkers but has no heart to get around the field, I know the majority of Liverpool fans back home are sick of him and were hoping for a replacement but let's face it Allen is not the guy.

Maxi was a top player but for some reason the manager never took to him.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Been a huge Fulham Fan ever since Eddie Lewis signed with the club 1999-2000. Watched the match on Fox Soccer 2 go this morning and couldn't have been prouder. Love the Mladen Petric signing very good striker. Also thoroughly enjoyed the "Are You Watching Clint Dempsey" song.

Top of the table for Fulham this evening F all of you ArsenHole and Liverdrool fans........

Reactions: ianoconnor

TallKidIsTall

Mar 4, 2012
Fairfield
Been a huge Fulham Fan ever since Eddie Lewis signed with the club 1999-2000. Watched the match on Fox Soccer 2 go this morning and couldn't have been prouder. Love the Mladen Petric signing very good striker. Also thoroughly enjoyed the "Are You Watching Clint Dempsey" song.

Top of the table for Fulham this evening F all of you ArsenHole and Liverdrool fans........

you were a fulham fan back before they were even in the epl?

how could you even follow them when the internet was just getting started and no championship league soccer was on tv ever and there was no streaming on dialup?

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
you were a fulham fan back before they were even in the epl?

how could you even follow them when the internet was just getting started and no championship league soccer was on tv ever and there was no streaming on dialup?

Thats when I picked them as my team. Couldn't stand the fans of the other big squads so they were it. Luckily for me it was that year they were promoted.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron