Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Let me know how you like this.

We have some amazing caramel ice cream at home right now that I haven't been able to eat because of the texture - I'm trying this tonight!

ISUAlum05

Nov 5, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Not necessarily cravings, but in the beginning, there were only a few things I could stand the thought of eating. Applesauce, spaghetti-o's, bananas, tomato soup... That's about it. Now, I'm just always hungry (I'm 16 weeks), but not for anything I don't normally like.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I am preggo again - I haven't had any cravings at all this time, except that pickle wrap dip (corned beef, pickles, sour cream, cream cheese mixed together) sounds good. I've had mild cravings in the past (in addition to the cake episode) - Janny had to go to the store for dill pickles, V8 Fusion, and ice cream one time. The checker said something to the effect of, "Pregnant wife?" "Yep!"

I definitely have food aversions, though. I can't eat anything smoked this time, in addition to barbecue. It haunts me for the rest of the day. Like cowgirl, I love ice cream, but sometimes the lack of texture is too much to take, and I can't eat it.

I was wondering if Janny was hinting at something. Congratulations! My wife would eat dill pickles by the economy sized jar. But they had to be Gedney garlic dill pickles, and the big ones. She was born in Minnesota BTW. Coincidence? I think not.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I was wondering if Janny was hinting at something. Congratulations! My wife would eat dill pickles by the economy sized jar. But they had to be Gedney garlic dill pickles, and the big ones. She was born in Minnesota BTW. Coincidence? I think not.

I'm a Claussen gal, but I totally understand the Gedney love!

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
My wife craved convenience store crushed ice in a big cup. She knew what stores in CR had the best.

Saw your Kiss "membership" gonna see them in a little over week at Dodger Stadium. They are gonna play prior to the Kings and Duck's outdoor hockey game.. Should be lots of fun.

Reactions: CRcyclone6

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
TexasCinnamonRollLDS99_688.JPG

and all types of cereal.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
My wife went through about a month long phase where we she constantly wanted the lime sprinkled Tostitos tortilla chips. Now she says she doesn't even really like them.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
My wife craved Buffalo Wild Wings for about the last 5 months of her pregnancy. I'm not a huge BWW fan, but I can think of worse places to frequent. Of course the bonus was she was always the DD, so I could drink all I wanted!

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
I wanted the candy Hot Tamalas. This was before places were open 24 hours so he had to go to the concessions at the local theatre. Son loves spicy foods.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
My ISU psychology professor taught me that the amount you like salt is determined by how much your mom has morning sickness (more morning sickness equals more salt likeness). I don't like salt, you're welcome mom.