Potential All-Big 12 Cyclones

dtclones

Sep 15, 2009
Des Moines
Does ISU have any potential for some first or second team All-Big 12 players to be named? I was thinking Jesse Smith has a good shot at LB. Maybe Reggie Stephens at OL? It would be cool to get a couple first teamers this year. At this point I don't know if we have any locks for first team, but I would have to think we'll have at least one or two second teamers.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I'm thinking Jesse Smith and Reggie Stephens, and Arob... probably all 2nd teamers?

GrimesCy

Oct 25, 2008
Grimes
Reggie Stephens-1st team
A-Rob -2nd team
Jesse Smith -2nd team

I though Brandtner was on his way to be all big 12 but the last few games havnt been like they were in sept and oct.

All Cotlar team

Elite 1st team captain -Nate Frere- the dude has a motor and I will never forget the interception against Colorado

1st team- David Sims- the dude has a nose for the football like I know how to find a mustache ride

1st team-Jesse Smith- Nebraska Game! what a defensive stallwart!

2nd team-Derrick Cattlett- solid hands

Honorable mention-Chris Lyle- has came up big a few times for a weak defensive front

Players to look out for in the 2010 preseason cotstache polls

Collin Franklin
David Sims
Darius Reynolds
Jake McDonough
AJ Klein
Jake Knott
Terron Benton

clone2011

Dec 11, 2007
When it comes to this sort of award, is it good or bad for a guy like Leonard Johnson that teams throw away from him? Teams picked on KB all year but nearly every time they went LJ's way the pass was broken up or incomplete. Don't remember him getting burned much either--Alexander got him last week and I think it was him when CU got their last TD, but other than that he was pretty solid all year.

And on an unrelated note, I think the ejection at UNLV last year was the best learning experience for LJ. He might've had one or two more Personal Fouls after it last year, but I don't recall him getting any this year for late hits, fighting, etc. KB could use a lesson or two, but that's for another day and time...

GrimesCy

Oct 25, 2008
Grimes
When it comes to this sort of award, is it good or bad for a guy like Leonard Johnson that teams throw away from him? Teams picked on KB all year but nearly every time they went LJ's way the pass was broken up or incomplete. Don't remember him getting burned much either--Alexander got him last week and I think it was him when CU got their last TD, but other than that he was pretty solid all year.

And on an unrelated note, I think the ejection at UNLV last year was the best learning experience for LJ. He might've had one or two more Personal Fouls after it last year, but I don't recall him getting any this year for late hits, fighting, etc. KB could use a lesson or two, but that's for another day and time...

we need corners like Sims and his size as well

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
Prepare yourselves for a bunch of honorable mention type awards. Please do not take that as a slam on the team. They have improved leaps and bounds as a team but have very few individuals that can be singled out as super stars.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Sims, Stephens, Smith, Robinson, and Brandtner all second team. Lyle HM.