Pollard in Washington Post on football

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
You are several news-cycles behind, but just like ambulance-chaser Jeff Tronvold, I am honored to be your first reply.
Yes, no football = less money. We get it.
Jeff Bezos owns the WaPo.....he bought some really expensive affection. But he also bought the ability to program the WaPo.
It is really windy out right now.....

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
You are several news-cycles behind, but just like ambulance-chaser Jeff Tronvold, I am honored to be your first reply.
Yes, no football = less money. We get it.
Jeff Bezos owns the WaPo.....he bought some really expensive affection. But he also bought the ability to program the WaPo.
It is really windy out right now.....
Apologies for posting about our athletic director being interviewed by a national news publication. I didn’t realize Jamie had ties to bezos to get the strings pulled for this story. Truly amazing AD!

Last edited by a moderator:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Apologies for posting about our athletic director being interviewed by a national news publication. I didn’t realize Jamie had ties to bezos to get the strings pulled for this story. Truly amazing AD!

Think he means your are behind the first time this was posted.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Interesting how much Iowa State is getting mentioned in these articles. This was in another USA Today article today about what colleges will do if there are restrictions on attendance. I've not heard anybody else talking this forthrightly about some of these scenarios.

“We’re looking at creating content so that people can get a feel for the game,” said Steve Malchow, Iowa State senior associate athletic director for communications. “Do we do a live look-in at the equipment staff putting out helmets in the locker room? Do we do a live look-in at the team getting on the bus at the team hotel? We want to get (fans) revved up for when TV does kick off.”

Knowing fans tailgate in the same places year after year, Malchow said Iowa State is thinking about trying to encourage fans to take photos of themselves tailgating in the backyard and then putting the pictures on Instagram or Facebook with identifiers of what would normally be their parking areas.

“We’re just looking at things we’ve never even contemplated,” Malchow said. “But it’s engagement.”

ISUConE

Feb 1, 2019
At what point can ISU spend its $1.1 billion endowment fund to keep things afloat if necessary? Seems like that would be a no brainer for most colleges with huge endowment funds.

FatNTired

Jun 3, 2015
At what point can ISU spend its $1.1 billion endowment fund to keep things afloat if necessary? Seems like that would be a no brainer for most colleges with huge endowment funds.

Well, the endowment isn’t $1.1 billion anymore due to market fluctuations. And the advertised spend rate for most endowments is 5%, so even drawing more is still going to make any budget difficult. Endowment dollars at any institution are very unlikely to support athletics.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron