Votes: 57 18.0%
  • Never

Votes: 58 18.4%

• Total voters

Tom Buch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
Article just came out saying PAC 12 looking for a loose merger with ACC or Big 12.. shared media contract with separate leagues, playoff at end, inter league play.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Christian McCaffrey 35, Iowa 0

That was one of the greatest football games I ever watched.

Living in LA…seeing it flooded with Iowa fans suddenly and the contrast of their faces before and after the game, knowing the tickets were like 2k a pop…I was genuinely glad friends and family didn’t drop that $$$ even though I would’ve loved seeing them visit.

You can watch UCLA at Rose Bowl easy for 20 bucks, I’m sure their attendance will spike for a few years with midwesterners making it a vacation. Nebraska fans can watch a game in the rose bowl while they still suck now.

There was another year my wife was asking me “why are there thousands of southern accent white women everywhere I go?”…Auburn rose bowl.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Article just came out saying PAC 12 looking for a loose merger with ACC or Big 12.. shared media contract with separate leagues, playoff at end, inter league play.

Shared GOR with all 3 would be great. Pie in the sky but great.

ND would probably align with super 3 out of spite.

If you had real GOR you could carve up some awesome regional divisions and have a 4 team playoff for football.

I know basketball is meaningless…but imagine a conference tournament where only top half of this super league makes it in. The bottom half could have separate tourney. That conf tournament would make big ten and SEC hoops even more irrelavent than they already were sucking so bad last year.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

Feels like an official break away from the big time. Like the G5 saying they wanted their own playoff.

JP has really set the stage for this too with recent comments. Kids winning in 2A are happy with their accomplishments type of stuff.

All of this realignment has that feel anyway. It was seem more official I guess.

Jeffrey Scott

Sep 28, 2017
We are having a lot more fun this year than we were last year at this time are we not?

I know this is a Cyclone forum but I just had an enlightening conversation with a hard-core Longhorn fan. Lives in Dallas but didn't go to UT although he is a college graduate and very smart.

Now that Texas is no longer part of the lowly Big XII he believes that Texas will be playing for the national football championship in 5 years. I asked why haven't they been in the conversation for the past 10 years and he said because they didn't have the "talent," and that it's easier to get to the national championship being a one loss team in the SEC than a one loss team in the Big XII.

He claims they'll have the talent now because they will be in the SEC...and I said, "so will everyone else, including Texas A and M." I got his attention for a split second on that one.

Finally, he compared the arrival of Manning with the exploits of Vince Young, who of course, took them to the national championship.

Admittedly this all may be obvious to most everyone on the forum, but I've never really talked to a Texas fan about this stuff. It was just interesting, that's all. I apologize if I wasted your time reading this.

I stand by my opening sentence though. At least I'm having fun this year no matter what happens. Last year was awful.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
We are having a lot more fun this year than we were last year at this time are we not?

I know this is a Cyclone forum but I just had an enlightening conversation with a hard-core Longhorn fan. Lives in Dallas but didn't go to UT although he is a college graduate and very smart.

Now that Texas is no longer part of the lowly Big XII he believes that Texas will be playing for the national football championship in 5 years. I asked why haven't they been in the conversation for the past 10 years and he said because they didn't have the "talent," and that it's easier to get to the national championship being a one loss team in the SEC than a one loss team in the Big XII.

He claims they'll have the talent now because they will be in the SEC...and I said, "so will everyone else, including Texas A and M." I got his attention for a split second on that one.

Finally, he compared the arrival of Manning with the exploits of Vince Young, who of course, took them to the national championship.

Admittedly this all may be obvious to most everyone on the forum, but I've never really talked to a Texas fan about this stuff. It was just interesting, that's all. I apologize if I wasted your time reading this.

I stand by my opening sentence though. At least I'm having fun this year no matter what happens. Last year was awful.

Wow a lot to unpack there... first off the last time Texas had a 1 loss season was 2008 and 2009 when Mack Brown was still the coach. Since then their only 10 win season was in 2018 and they still lost 4 games so they have a lot of work to do to get back to the glory days and I doubt Sarkisian is the coach that will do that. If you can't pull off a 1 loss season in the "lowly Big 12" then good luck trying to do that in the new SEC.

Texas fans humor me. Their football and basketball programs have been nothing but mediocre since they moved on from Mack Brown and Rick Barnes despite the advantages they have with their name brand and budget. I broke down their records in the 2 sports over the past 10 years at one point not long ago and they were pretty close to the same for W/L over that time span as ISU was.

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017

Magical thinking is a hell of a drug.

Just for fun, I thought of some problems/excuses for Texas over the next 10 years:
2022: Sark still getting his program up and running
2023: Uncertainty about when they'll start playing in the SEC so players couldn't focus/practice hard enough.
2024: Waiting for that SEC $$ to start rolling in.
2025: Sark might not be the guy/getting used to the SEC.
2026: New guy getting his guys/program in place.
2027: SEC scheduling unfair; have to play all the top teams.
2028: Unfair the Texas has to share conference money equally with the likes of Missouri and the Mississippi schools. Texas deserves a bigger cut.
2029: The guy that replaced Sark.
2030: Other schools use the NIL too.
2031: SEC schools allowed to recruit in Texas.

• Haha
Reactions: CyNews

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Living in LA…seeing it flooded with Iowa fans suddenly and the contrast of their faces before and after the game, knowing the tickets were like 2k a pop…I was genuinely glad friends and family didn’t drop that $$$ even though I would’ve loved seeing them visit.

You can watch UCLA at Rose Bowl easy for 20 bucks, I’m sure their attendance will spike for a few years with midwesterners making it a vacation. Nebraska fans can watch a game in the rose bowl while they still suck now.

There was another year my wife was asking me “why are there thousands of southern accent white women everywhere I go?”…Auburn rose bowl.

You could literally get a ticket for that Rose Bowl an hour before kick on Stub Hub for like $20. LOL the Iowa fans that dropped a grand when the game was first announced could have gotten those same tickets for a couple hundred bucks just a couple weeks later.

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
I voted for never. The PAC 10 schools have such a lofty opinion of themselves that I do NOT want them. Leftovers from the ACC collapse would be a much better cultural fit. Besides, this old man cannot stay up late enough to watch a night game played on the west coast.

• Dumb
Reactions: alarson

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I voted for never. The PAC 10 schools have such a lofty opinion of themselves that I do NOT want them. Leftovers from the ACC collapse would be a much better cultural fit. Besides, this old man cannot stay up late enough to watch a night game played on the west coast.
Thought you were a woman Bobbi.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Magical thinking is a hell of a drug.

Just for fun, I thought of some problems/excuses for Texas over the next 10 years:
2022: Sark still getting his program up and running
2023: Uncertainty about when they'll start playing in the SEC so players couldn't focus/practice hard enough.
2024: Waiting for that SEC $$ to start rolling in.
2025: Sark might not be the guy/getting used to the SEC.
2026: New guy getting his guys/program in place.
2027: SEC scheduling unfair; have to play all the top teams.
2028: Unfair the Texas has to share conference money equally with the likes of Missouri and the Mississippi schools. Texas deserves a bigger cut.
2029: The guy that replaced Sark.
2030: Other schools use the NIL too.
2031: SEC schools allowed to recruit in Texas.

2032: Reports indicate Texas in talks to move to B1G, because they’re not being treated fairly in SEC

• Funny
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron